1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

help with servomotors

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by Chriss, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Chriss

Chriss IntMech

Balance:
    86Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 4DOF
    Hello everyone

Please I need help with the connection of an industrial servomotor and arduino, I am using a ACS606 controller, in leadshine brand, and a servo motor 200w to 3200 rpm, and I want to test engine performance, if anyone can give me a reference or diagram to connect, Thanks in advance.

these are the images of the driver and the engine:

[​IMG]
  2. TFOU57

TFOU57 Member

Balance:
    5,723Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino
    Hello,
    Have you tried to get help directly from the website builder in the "Support" section ?
    Have you collected all the documentation available suppliers directly on the Net?
    Google ...or..!

Bonjour,
    As tu essayé d'avoir de l'aide directement sur le site constructeur dans la rubrique "Support" ?.
    Avez-vous rassemblé toutes les documentations fournisseurs disponible directement sur le Net ?
    Google ... ou ... !
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  3. Chriss

Chriss IntMech

Balance:
    86Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Currently , if, I'm a little neophyte in handling servomotors with driver, and to send the signal Arduino, I confused the connection, and regular programming mini- servomotor is not equal, because this servomotor It works with an encoder
  4. lufang6

lufang6 New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 358Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would also like to use servo motor
  5. lufang6

lufang6 New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 358Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is there anyone to help?
  6. Mmcool

Mmcool Member

Balance:
    1,174Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 7 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    I'm not sure you can connect arduino to this servo driver. It works like stepper.

Perhaps another servo driver that accepts analog signal for positioning, or speed/direction control yes. Still you would need a signal conditioner to handle the -11v to +11v required for it.

A little googling around might help you find what you need to adapt it for arduino.
  7. Chriss

Chriss IntMech

Balance:
    86Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Thanks for replying, and if I search through google, but until now I have not found anything useful, and I would like, that this thread does not remain in doubt as it is becoming fashionable for the manufacture of simulators with higher degrees of freedom, Which can only be achieved with higher vp servomotors, but if someone can give us a hand we could maximize the use of SimTools.
  8. Mmcool

Mmcool Member

Balance:
    1,174Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 7 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Perhaps if you search for "servo signal conditioner shield" you will come up with more relevant results.
  9. SeatTime

SeatTime Well-Known Member

Retired
    Balance:
    28,370Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,844 / 39 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform
    I know of no members on this site who are using AC servo motors in their sims - due to cost, complexity and even safety. I have plans to use them one day, but that does not help you now. Maybe try other sites where AC servo motors are used more often - Eg. CNCs.
  10. Chriss

Chriss IntMech

Balance:
    86Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    In fact there is a member, is working on a project, a 360-720 simulator, but does not give details of the project, and if it is true, the servomotors are very expensive, but it is good expand the possibilities.
  11. Mmcool

Mmcool Member

Balance:
    1,174Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 7 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF

Controlling these servomotors is not so hard. All you need is an arduino with 0-5v signal output connected to a signal conditioner like this:
    http://www.controlgrips.com/electronicsdetails.php?productid=25
    The -10 to +10v analog signal will determine both the speed and direction of the servomotor. Now only thing is to add some limit sensor feedback to the arduino as well to turn the signal to 0v and block the signal to the limit direction. Otherwise it might be dangerous considering the power of these things.

I wish I had the programming skills to write this up in code.
  12. Chriss

Chriss IntMech

Balance:
    86Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Ok thanks, I will test, if it works I will upload a video
  13. Cartti

Cartti Member

Balance:
    158Coins
    Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino
    I do have 3dof sim in progress that uses AC servos. These are getting cheaper all the time. I bought my 3pcs of 1kW servo+driver for around 1k€ + taxes. I do agree with safety. When you command servo to a position it does what ever it can to reach there. My 25cm lever has ~3000Nm constant and 9000Nm peak force (minus transmission losses ofc).. Slightly scary amount of power..

Should i make my arduino/servo control circuit stuff to a guide or something?
  14. Chriss

Chriss IntMech

Balance:
    86Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I wish you could show the connection of the Arduino with the servo motors, and the program that you loaded, so that many can start new projects with larger engines
  15. Cartti

Cartti Member

Balance:
    158Coins
    Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino
    Here is a post where i already explained how to get arduino to control +-10V analog servos.
    https://www.xsimulator.net/community/posts/112012/

In your case they are driven by step/dir just like stepper motors. Just connect those to your arduinos digital outputs (and step-/dir- to gnd ofc). Dir+ pin low/high = cw/ccw or vice versa. Pulse to pul+ pin makes servo move one step forward. I didnt check datasheet for that controller, but you may also need to pull ena+ high to enable servo driver.

As an afternote i might release pcb designs and schematics or even a complete boards for arduino -> analog servo driving when i get my design finished. Atm i'm redesigning my boards and redoing all arduino code to add safety features, connectors for wiring and headers for future expandability.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  16. Chriss

Chriss IntMech

Balance:
    86Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Thank you very much for your answer @Cartti, now if I can advance a little more my project, the idea is simpler than I expected, and good the plates would be a great contribution, I will be in expectations of your work.