1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Showroom cheap 2 DOF with controller

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Thread, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Thread

Thread Member

Balance:
    295Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    A different approach from the mainstream, my preference is moving the whole frame, not resting my feet [on the pedals] on the ground. For simplicity, i use a controller.
    Kerb simulation is done by vibrating motors, from the rumble signal.
    24V 20A power
    43A chinese H-Bridges
    Arduino nano with SMC3
    wiper motors and rods from old Citroen
    XBOX360 controller, modified
    racing seat
    leg pieces of chinese massage cushions

seatmover copy.jpg

IMG_4872.JPG

IMG_4875.JPG

IMG_4880.JPG

IMG_4883.JPG

IMG_4885.JPG
    IMG_4891.JPG
    • Like Like x 1
  2. lilted86

lilted86 Member

Balance:
    489Coins
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, SimforceGT
    awesome bro!..got any video of it?
  3. Thread

Thread Member

Balance:
    295Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    I did not make any.
    It does it's job as the other ones, but there is no wheel and pedals, that would be too heavy to move, and i want the whole frame moving.

The rig in the pictures is in the "parking" position, where the seat is in the highest position, easy to move around with the help of the "front wheels".

The H-Bridges got additional heatsinks, glued to them.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017