1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Simulator 3 DOF with combined movements + future extension 3DOF with uncombined movements

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by TFOU57, Jan 12, 2017.

1. TFOU57

TFOU57 Member

Balance:
    5,723Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino
    Hello everyone !

My initial project is the construction of a 3 DOF (Roll, Pitch and Heave) simulator for mainly aircraft simulation.
    upload_2017-1-12_20-13-16.png
    Initial base of the simulator using combined movements

I next consider a second evolution 3 DOF (Yaw, Surge, Sway) placed under the initial construction.
    upload_2017-1-12_20-14-5.png
    Future developments with non-combined movements

SOLUTION SEARCH
    Principle abandoned due to lack of power

For many years, I have been thinking about a simulator with no combined movements, either
    An independent motor for each axis
    My difficulty has always been the Heave stage with a small footprint in height.
    At the time I chose as a solution a mechanic of the type table with scissors controlled by a connecting rod crank and a motor reducer 220v Tri of 750W

The race of the Heave sought at the time was + 50mm / 0mm / -50mm.
    The lifting force had to be reduced by the use of lever arms and assisted by weight compensation by counterweight or spring.
    This solution, which is easy to carry out, requires an excessive effort when the chisel table is in the low position despite the lever arm with a counterweight or a spring.

CHOSEN SOLUTION

I therefore returned to my specifications of my simulator: each motor motorizes that one axis
    My DIY simulator will be built in 2 steps
    Step 1
    An initial construction consisting of a first 3DOF module with 3 305Nm AC gearmotors and implanted at 120° (2 x 550W and 1x 750W) with combined movements and a large vertical motion amplitude to allow booking in SimTools for each Roll effects, Pitch and Heave an independent working range
    Here are the specifications that I defined for my simulator.
    Specification of motion amplitudes of 3DOF combined motion
    Roll and Pitch + 15 ° / 0 ° / -15 ° for approach simulations, lap tower landing clearance landing
    Yeave Height variation corresponding to 1/3 of the working stroke of the crank rod system.

In case of incorrect configuration, the maximum slope of the platform is already + 45 ° / 0 ° / -45 °
    (1/3 for Roll + 15 ° / 0 ° / -15 ° + 1/3 for Pitch + 15 ° / 0 ° / -15 ° + for Zone reserved for Heave + 15 ° / 0 ° / -15 °)
    Step 2
    1 Future extension with 3 additional DOFs for Yaw, Surge and Sway

Specification of the motion amplitudes of 3DOF with independent movementsMoving Left / Right 30mm / 0mm / -30mm
    Displacement Front Rear 30mm / 0mm / -30mm
    Yaw = 45 ° / 0 ° / -45 °
    My Material Constraints
    For my project I have to deal with the material already gleaned in previous years in low cost for my various evolutions envisaged:- 3 SEW geared motors with 1 shaft output 15r / min 305Nm 220v 50hz (2 x 550W and 1x 750W) (unit weight 26kg)- 3 cams of 97.5mm and 2 cams of 116mm for the motors 550W and 750W- 2 Bonfiglioli geared motors with 1 shaft output 15tr / min 180W to move the entire simulator from right to left and from front to back- 1 geared motor SEW 150W 22rpm + brake that I was given. (Envisaged for a yaw in the future)- 1 leg with gimballed joint of a robust model (agricultural type)
    - 6 three-phase frequency inverter 220 mono / 220v tri 750W - working range from 0 to 100hz, so the maximum motor speed can be doubled to make up the position setpoint.- 5 cards Arduino Due 32bits 84Mhz- 1 VM140 card (K8061) Velleman not recognized by SimTools- 3 VM110 cards (K8055) Velleman older generation at 20ms
    Another constraint I have is the low height of the cellar having about 2.5m under ceiling.

To follow on next post

Bonjour à tous !
    Mon projet initial est la construction d’un simulateur 3 DOF (Roll, Pitch et Heave) pour principalement la simulation d’avion.
    upload_2017-1-12_20-16-37.png
    Base initiale du simulateur en utilisant des mouvements combinés

J’envisage par la suite une seconde évolution 3 DOF (Yaw, Surge, Sway) placée sous la construction initiale.
    upload_2017-1-12_20-17-32.png
    Evolution future avec les mouvements non combinés
    RECHERCHE DE SOLUTION
    Principe abandonné par manque de puissance

Durant de longues années, j’ai réfléchi à propos d’un simulateur avec aucun mouvement combinés, soit
    Un Moteur indépendant pour chacun des axes
    Ma difficulté a toujours été l’étage Heave sous un faible encombrement en hauteur.
    A l’époque j’ai retenu comme solution une mécanique du type table à ciseau commandée par un système bielle manivelle et un motoréducteur 220v Tri de 750W
    La course du Heave recherchée à l’époque était +50mm / 0mm / -50mm.
    L’effort de levée devait être diminué par l’utilisation de bras de levier et assisté par une compensation en poids par contrepoids ou par ressort.
    Cette solution, facile à réaliser, nécessite un effort trop important lorsque la table à ciseau est en position basse malgré le bras de levier avec un contrepoids ou un ressort.
    SOLUTION RETENUE
    Je suis donc revenu sur mon cahier des charges de mon simulateur : chaque moteur motorise qu’un axe
    Mon simulateur DIY sera construit en 2 étapes
    Etape1
    Une construction initiale composée d’un premier module 3DOF avec 3 motoréducteur AC de 305Nm et implantés à 120° (2 x 550W et 1x 750W) à mouvements combinés et avec un amplitude de mouvement verticale importante afin de permettre de réserver dans SimTools pour chacun des effets Roll, Pitch et Heave une plage de travail indépendante
    Voici le cahier des charges que j’ai défini pour mon simulateur.
    Cahier des charges des amplitudes de mouvement du 3DOF à mouvement combinés
    Roll et Pitch +15° / 0° / -15° pour les simulations d’approche, tour de piste en attente autorisation atterrissage
    Yeave Variation de hauteur correspondant au 1/3 de la course de travail du système bielle manivelle.
    En cas de mauvaise configuration cela fait déjà des inclinaisons maximum de la plateforme de +45° / 0° / -45°
    (1/3 pour Roll +15° / 0° / -15° + 1/3 pour Pitch +15° / 0° / -15° + pour Zone réservée à Heave +15° / 0° / -15°)
    Etape2
    1 Extension future avec 3 DOF supplémentaires pour Yaw, Surge et Sway
    Cahier des charges des amplitudes de mouvement du 3DOF à mouvements indépendants
    Déplacement Gauche / Droite 30mm / 0mm / -30mm
    Déplacement Avant Arrière 30mm / 0mm / -30mm
    Yaw = 45°/ 0° / - 45°
    Mes Contraintes matérielles
    Pour mon projet je dois composer avec le matériel déjà glané au fil des années précédentes en low cost pour mes différentes évolutions envisagées :
    • 3 Motoréducteurs SEW à 1 sortie d’arbre 15tr/mn 305Nm 220v 50hz (2 x 550W et 1x 750W) (poids unitaire 26kg)
    • 3 Cames de 97,5mm et 2 cames de 116mm pour les moteurs 550W et 750W
    • 2 Motoréducteurs Bonfiglioli à 1 sortie d’arbre 15tr/mn 180W pour déplacer tout le simulateur de droite à gauche et d’avant en arrière
    • 1 Motoréducteur SEW 150W 22tr/mn + frein que l’on m’a donné. (envisagé pour un yaw dans un futur)
    • 1 Pied avec joint de cardan à croisillon d’un modèle robuste (type agricole)
    • 6 variateurs de fréquences triphasé 220 mono / 220v tri 750W-- plage de travail prévue de 0 à 100hz, donc la vitesse maximum des moteurs pourra être doublée pour rattraper la consigne de position.
    • 5 cartes Arduino Due 32bits 84Mhz
    • 1 carte VM140 (K8061) Velleman non reconnue par SimTools
    • 3 cartes VM110 (K8055) Velleman ancienne génération à 20ms
    Autre contrainte que j’ai est la faible hauteur de la cave ayant environ 2,5m sous plafond.

A suivre sur post suivant

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  2. TFOU57

TFOU57 Member

Balance:
    5,723Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino
    MECHANICAL SOLUTION RETAINED for step 1
    After several hesitations in the solutions to remember for my simulator 3 DOF with combined movements (Roll, Pitch and Heave), I think to use the principle of knee joint described in project IV of Roland van Roy.
    • The knee pads will be implanted in proportions as on this project IV of Roland van Roy in order to have a rectilinear displacement and relatively proportional to the angular displacement of the control rod at the output of the reducer
    • The right knee pads and left knee pads will be much more spaced than on the IV project thus improving the anti-rotation function they create.
      This spacing also aims at enabling the 550W and 750W geared motors SEW SA52 to be installed with only one shaft output.

• upload_2017-1-12_20-22-19.png
    • The two external links will be replaced by a single connecting rod whose pushing or pulling point will be implanted at an equal distance between the right knee joint and the left knee joint
    • The upper crosspiece will be connected to the platform by a DIY universal joint with a square tube 40 x 40 x 4 and 4 ball joints with a diameter of 16mm.
      The cardan thus formed is able to accept inclinations of 45 °
      upload_2017-1-12_20-24-9.png
      Do you have any other suggestion for a low cost commercial gimbal?

Extract of DIY site of Roland van Roy that I greet for these works and of which I take the principle of the kneepads.
      http://www.simprojects.nl/diy_motion_platform_iv.htm

upload_2017-1-12_20-26-7.png http://www.simprojects.nl/images/actuator_IV_side__small.JPG
    upload_2017-1-12_20-27-23.png http://www.simprojects.nl/images/Actuator_4_linearity_small.JPG

Advantage1
    This solution generates displacements of the platform of the simulator more proportional to the angular displacement of the cam at the output of the reducer and this in comparison with a simple connecting rod / crank system.

Advantage 2
    This solution makes it possible to reduce the height travel of the toggle system. No more vertical travel of the simulator platform when you have powerful motors

To follow on next post

SOLUTION MECANIQUE RETENUE pour l’étape 1
    Après de multiples hésitations au niveau des solutions à retenir pour mon simulateur 3 DOF à mouvements combinés (Roll , Pitch et Heave), je pense utiliser le principe de genouillère décrite dans le projet IV de Roland van Roy.
    • Les genouillères seront implantées dans des proportions comme sur ce projet IV de Roland van Roy afin d’avoir un déplacement rectiligne et relativement proportionnel au déplacement angulaire de la bielle de commande en sortie du réducteur
    • Les genouillère droites et genouillères gauches seront beaucoup plus espacées que sur le projet IV en améliorant ainsi la fonction anti-rotation qu’elles créent.
      Cet espacement a également pour but de permettre l’implantation des motoréducteurs SEW SA52 de 550W et de 750W à 1 seule sortie d’arbre.

• upload_2017-1-12_20-38-49.png
      • Les 2 biellettes extérieures seront remplacées par une biellette unique dont le point de poussée ou de tirée sera implanté à égale distance entre la genouillère droite et la genouillère gauche
      • La traverse supérieure sera reliée à la plateforme par un cardan DIY composé avec un tube carré 40 x 40 x 4 et 4 embouts rotules de diamètre 16mm.
        Le cardan ainsi formé est apte à accepter des inclinaisons de 45°
      • upload_2017-1-12_20-39-33.png Avez-vous d’autre proposition pour un cardan commercial low cost ?
    Extrait du site DIY de Roland van Roy que je salue pour ces travaux et dont je prends le principe des genouillères.
    http://www.simprojects.nl/diy_motion_platform_iv.htm
    upload_2017-1-12_20-40-58.png http://www.simprojects.nl/images/actuator_IV_side__small.JPG
    upload_2017-1-12_20-41-31.png http://www.simprojects.nl/images/Actuator_4_linearity_small.JPG

Avantage1
    Cette solution engendre des déplacements de la plateforme du simulateur plus proportionnel par rapport au débattement angulaire de la came en sortie du réducteur et ceci en comparaison avec un simple système bielle / manivelle.

Avantage 2
    Celle solution permet de démultiplier le débattement en hauteur de système à genouillère . Plus de débattement vertical de la plateforme du simulateur lorsqu'on a des moteurs assez puissants

A suivre sur post suivant

Attached Files:

3. TFOU57

TFOU57 Member

Balance:
    5,723Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino
    ELECTRICAL SOLUTION RETAINED for step 1 and 2

Part Code Arduino and Simtools

SimTools V2.0 will communicate its setpoint frame to an Arduino Due in 32 bits and operating at 84 MHz.
    The Arduino Due works directly in 12-bit ADC output level, PWM outputs and digital outputs

I am also adapting the XPID code to use the registers directly and increase the PWM frequency of the Arduino Due.
    I talked to these comments on the forums:
    - SimTools to help me consider this solution for 3DOF Heave with combined movementsPriority of certain movements relative to others
    https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/priority-of-certain-movements-relative-to-others.9312/#post-119818
    Difference between % assigned to each effect and % Boundry filter
    https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/difference-between-assigned-to-each-effect-and-boundry-filter.9331/#post-118969
    - Arduino in French
    - Arduino Due in English
    Ordering Part

I am also creating interfacing between the Arduino outputs and the 3 control signals required for each drive.
    The current interface on a prototype stage is based on second level RC filter, ULN2803 and LM324N

Note: I have already lost an Arduino Due card in the field of honor by trying to increase frequency and prototype interfacing. (Originally I had 6 cards)

I talked about this on the forums:
    - Arduino in English
    - Arduino Due in English
    - Futura Sciences
    Power section
    The three-phase 220v geared motors will be controlled by the 6 Omron 3G3EV Tri 750W frequency drives that I already have
    https://www.support-omron.fr/pdf/I013-E1-3%203G3EV%20Multi_Function+User_Manual.pdf
    I also planned a filtering of the 220v feeding these inverters using adapted Omron filter
    http://www.bsaswiss.ch/Xbsaswiss/File/Doc/2655543G3FVPFI4025E.pdf
    The drives require:
    • A setpoint of speed from 0v to 10v with a precision of 12bits to control the variations of frequencie
    • 2 digital signals of 0v or 24v to control the direction of rotation of the motor controlled by the drive.

SOLUTION ELECTRIQUE RETENUE pour l’étape 1 et 2
    Partie Code Arduino et Simtools

SimTools V2.0 communiquera sa trame de consigne à une Arduino Due en 32 bits et fonctionnant à 84 Mhz.
    L’Arduino Due travaille directement en 12 bits au niveau sortie ADC, des sorties PWM et des sorties digitales
    Je suis également en train d’adapter le code XPID pour utiliser directement les registres et augmenter la fréquence de PWM de l’Arduino Due
    j’ai dialogué à ces propos sur les forums :
    • SimTools pour m’a aider à envisager à envisager cette solution pour Heave du 3DOF à mouvements combinés
      Priority of certain movements relative to others
    https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/priority-of-certain-movements-relative-to-others.9312/#post-119818
    Difference between % assigned to each effect and % Boundry filter
    https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/difference-between-assigned-to-each-effect-and-boundry-filter.9331/#post-118969
    • Arduino en Français
    • Arduino Due en Anglais
      Partie Commande
      Je suis également en train de créer l’interfaçage entre les sorties Arduino et les 3 signaux de commande nécessaire à chaque variateur.
      L’interface en cours sur une platine prototype est à base de filtre RC du second niveau, ULN2803 et de LM324N
      Nota : J’ai déjà perdu au champ d’honneur une carte Arduino Due en essayant l’augmentation de fréquence et un interfaçage prototype. (A l’origine j’avais 6 cartes)
      J’ai dialogué à ce propos sur les forums :
    • Arduino en Français
    • Arduino Due en Anglais
    • Futura Sciences
    Partie puissance
    Les motoréducteurs 220v Triphasés seront commandés par les 6 variateurs de fréquences Omron 3G3EV Tri 750W que je possède déjà
    https://www.support-omron.fr/pdf/I013-E1-3%203G3EV%20Multi_Function+User_Manual.pdf
    J’ai également prévu un filtrage du 220v alimentant ces variateurs à l’aide de filtre Omron adapté
    http://www.bsaswiss.ch/Xbsaswiss/File/Doc/2655543G3FVPFI4025E.pdf
    Les variateurs ont besoin :
    • D’une consigne de vitesse de 0v à 10v d’une précision de 12bits pour commander les variations de fréquences.
    • De 2 signaux digitaux de 0v ou 24v afin de commander le sens de rotation du moteur commandé par le variateur.
  4. momoclic

momoclic Active Member

Retraité
    Balance:
    2,761Coins
    Ratings:
    +115 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino
    Beau projet, beaucoup de travail, bon courage !
  5. obobo

obobo Active Member

Balance:
    1,323Coins
    Ratings:
    +77 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    effectivement, la recherche est énorme et le travail très documenté, j'ai hate de voir le début des travaux !!

Indeed, the research is huge and the work very documented, I hate to see the beginning of the work !!