1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Showroom Monster Sim - Carbon Loock 2DOF Upgrade 4DOF

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by -kevin-, Oct 26, 2014.

1. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Termo Tecnico industriale
    Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, SimforceGT, 4DOF

Gigi hello, I also translate to you? :) On this theory it was discussed so much and there are always opposing views and different ways of seeing things, I was always opposed to the seat cover moving and stationary monitors, I state that I have tried both the solutions and what pleased me most are: the entire structure in movement and also the view which I think is much more immersive than a fixed visual and even the pedals and steering wheel.

Returning to monitor speech, I agree that you see the track .. but the car where you see the runway? I from the windshield, if you think the real self and take the bumps, I see it the view of the windshield that moves with the car and it would not be true that the car takes a bump and I fixed view, even if we think to rallies, which often undergoes jumps, I can hardly imagine that the car when he jumps and lands to look a fixed view. As well as the effects of speech in the car only moves the seat .. you have a movement of the whole body. In fact the vibrations you get with a real car driving on disconnections, curbs, gutters etc ... are perceived throughout the body also on the feet and arms, and the only seat I do not think you'll get.

However it may be that my reasoning is wrong or vice versa, but I remain of the idea.

Kevin

Ciao gigi, devo tradurre anche con te? :) Su questa teoria se ne è parlato tanto e ci sono sempre pareri contrastanti e modi differenti di vedere le cose , sono stato sempre contrario al movimento del solo sedile e monitor fissi, premetto che ho provato entrambi le soluzioni e quello che mi ha soddisfatto di più sono: Tutta la struttura in movimento ed anche la visuale che secondo me è molto più immersiva di una visuale fissa e anche dei pedali e volante.

Tornando al discorso monitor, sono d'accordo che vedi la pista.. ma dall'auto tu dove la vedi la pista? Io dal parabrezza, se pensi all'auto reale e prendi delle cunette, io la visuale del parabrezza la vedo che si muove con l'auto e non sarebbe reale che l'auto prende una cunetta e avrei la visuale fissa, se pensiamo anche ai rally, che spesso si va incontro a salti, mi è difficile immaginare che l'auto quando salta e atterra guardare una visuale fissa. Come anche il discorso effetti che nell'auto si muove solo il sedile.. si ha un movimento su tutto il corpo. Infatti le vibrazioni che si ottengono con un auto reale percorrendo su disconnessioni, cordoli, cunette ecc... si percepiscono su tutto il corpo anche sui piedi e braccia, e con il solo sedile non credo che si ottengono.

Comunque può essere che il mio ragionamento sia sbagliato o viceversa, ma io resto di questa idea.

Kevin
  2. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:

Ciao Febo, il tuo ragionamento non fa una piega, bisogna comunque provare le varie soluzioni per poter valutare.
    Per esempio se parliamo della sensazione che da l'oculus rift, "che non è fissa" altrimenti si perderebbe tutta l'immersività... ci da proprio quella sensazione di essere nell'auto perchè tutte le vibrazioni che si hanno vanno a finire anche alla testa come in un auto reale, se la macchina salta e atterra per fare un esempio, la visuale si muove con il corpo, e quindi si ricrea quella sensazione reale. Pensa se oculus rift avrebbe una visuale fissa per assurdo... e questo è il discorso che facevo anche con @gigi nel post prima di questo. Può essere anche soggettiva la cosa, magari chi la percepisce in un modo e chi nell'altro.. ma io mi trovo meglio con tutta la struttura mobile e anche la visuale.

Ps: A quando ci fai vedere i tuoi progressi? Dai che sono curioso :)

Hello Febo, your reasoning is flawless, you really have to try various solutions to evaluate.
    For example, if we talk about the feeling that the oculus rift, "which is not fixed" otherwise you lose all the immersion ... gives us just that feeling of being in the car because all the vibrations that they end up even to the head as in a real car, if the car jumps and lands for example, the camera moves with the body, and then re-create the real feeling. Imagine if oculus rift would have a visual fixed absurd ... and this is the speech that I made with @gigi in the post before this. It can also be a subjective thing, maybe those who perceive it in one way and the other .. but I'm better with the entire upper structure and also the view.

Ps: When will you show your progress? By who are curious :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Mi ero dimenticato di inserire il video finale del progetto 4Dof, alla fine ho risolto con uno smorzatore che ammortizza in entrambi le direzioni il quale evita strappi al motore con conseguente rottura dello stesso

I had forgotten to put the final video of 4Dof project, I eventually solved with a damper that cushions in both directions which prevents stalling the engine resulting in collapsing

In questo video ho abbassato gli effetti perchè non ce il peso del pilota...il prossimo video sarà inizialmente nel mostrare un effetto alla volta e poi tutti insieme, ma stavolta con effetti più spinti di questi che vedete in questo video qui sotto ;)

In this video I lowered the effects there because the weight of the pilot ... the next video will be first in showing an effect at a time and then all together, but this time with more pushed effects of these you see in this video below ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Well-Known Member

Owner/Operator- Moxleys Rantals
    Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Curious why do you have a bunch of other people's motion video's on your youtube page ?
  5. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hello @Nick Moxley, I opened a single youtube channel (not more personal), but our Italian community of homemade simulators and I post videos of users who post projects on the forum.
  6. ilbiga

ilbiga Active Member

Network Engineer
    Balance:
    103Coins
    Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Ciao Kevin!!!
    Come già detto, sto andando lentamente avanti (sono sempre fuori per lavoro... :() ed durante il periodo natalizio conto di ultimare il lavoro e postare qualcosa di "guardabile" (anche se quest'hobby non credo abbia mai fine :D ... per ogni vite aggiunta vengono in mente altre 2/3 modifiche da fare! :grin).
    Volendo estendere il nostro ragionamento sui monitor, addirittura la situazione potrebbe complicarsi ulteriormente: un monitor fisso di grandi dimensioni può anche essere svincolato dalla struttura durante le guida "normale", ma quando l'auto salta che succede??? :think Questa, secondo me, è una situazione particolare in cui il monitor fisso "rompe" l'immersività... ma in effetti è un puro dettaglio da appassionati quali siamo tutti noi.
    Per chiarire, ad esempio, su un simulatore di volo il monitor deve essere necessariamente in movimento con la struttura, altrimenti in fase di manovra dovrei girare la testa per vedere dov'è l'immagine! :grin

Nel frattempo ho fatto qualche breve test con il rift e devo dire che con una postazione ben calibrata (quindi non la mia, almeno per il momento :D:D:D), non c'è monitor fisso o mobile che tenga!... ma credo che lunghe sessioni diventino difficili da sostenere per molti, me compreso, a causa del motion sickness che comunque in un gioco di guida penso sia inevitabile oggi come in futuro (con display 4k oltre i 90Hz).

Approfitto per farti una domanda: dove e come hai installato lo smorzatore di cui parli? Uno dei problemi che sto cercando di risolvere è proprio lo smorzamento delle oscillazioni armoniche che si innescano nella parte frontale della struttura (la più lontana dal fulcro, ovviamente)...

A presto! ;)

Google translate ON!

Hello Kevin !!!
    As already said, I'm going slowly forward (they are always out working ... :() and during Christmas account to complete the job and post something "watchable" (although this hobby do not think I ever end :) ... for each screw adding to mind other changes 2/3 to do!:D).
    Wanting to extend our reasoning on the monitors, even the situation could get much more complicated: a large fixed monitor can also be separate from the structure during the "normal" driving, but when the car jumps that happens ??? :think Think This, to me, it is a special situation where fixed monitor "breaks" the immersion ... but in fact is a pure retail by enthusiasts such as we all are.
    To clarify, for example, on a flight simulator the monitor must necessarily be moving with the structure, or when maneuvering should turn his head to see where the image! : grin

In the meantime, I did some quick tests with rift and I must say that with a well-balanced position (not mine, at least for now: :):):)), no fixed or mobile monitor that takes! ... but i think long sessions become difficult to bear for many, including myself, because of motion sickness that still in a driving game i think is inevitable now and in the future (with 4k display more than 90Hz).

Take this opportunity to ask you a question: where and how you have installed the damper of which you speak? One of the problems I am trying to solve is precisely the damping of harmonic oscillations that trigger the front of the structure (the farthest from the fulcrum, of course) ...

See you soon! ;)
  7. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Ciao @ilbiga, concordo sul discorso monitor mobile o fisso ;) aggiungo che soprattutto nei rally io preferisco molto di più il monitor mobile con la struttura. Per i simulatori di volo anche secondo me è d'obbligo il monitor mobile, ma il TOP rimane l'oculus rift!!

Lo smorzatore l'ho messo sulla leva del motore per il "Surge"

Tanto per non annoiarmi, ho fatto un nuovo video, di solito non rende l'idea se si guarda solo il simulatore oppure da onbord camera... per questo ho preferito far visualizzare entrambi.

Ma non rende lo stesso secondo me il video bisogna stare sopra al sim per sapere le sensazioni che restituisce :)

@ilbiga Hello, I agree on the mobile monitor speech or hard ;) I add that especially in rallies I prefer much more mobile monitor with the structure. For flight simulators also in my opinion is a must the movable monitor, but the TOP is the oculus rift !!

I put the damper on the motor lever to the "Surge"

So as not to get bored, I made a new video, usually do not get the idea if you only look at the simulator or by onbord room ... that's why I preferred to display both.

But does not do the same in my opinion the video you have to be on top of the sim to know the feelings that returns :)
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Nick Moxley

Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Nice update,.......but F1 for drift test.....errrr...not exactly what i would have chosen..... but ok. :confused:
  9. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:

Hello @Nick Moxley, honestly I did not think which car could be fine for this test, the F1 was the first, and I've come up with.

You what car would you choose?

The next video I wanted to do with dirt rally where you can see all the sim reactivity.
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  10. Nick Moxley

Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Im not too sure, maybe the mad mike drifter thing ? ? Honestly i dont know, I dont play Pcars........AC over here. ;)