1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Low cost 2DOF/3DOF/6DOF motion simulator - DOF REALITY

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by Radioproffi, May 23, 2016.

1. MacThai_75

MacThai_75 Member

Balance:
    439Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I'm sure that is the same transducer as the Aura Interactor.

But in case I was not clear ... the Aura Interactor includes the transducer (in a back pack that can also be worn in front ... like any haptic vest) the amplifier, and the wall wart power supply, complete for under $20 delivered from Amazon ... and if you can wait the prices fluctuates from $14.97 to the current $17.97 every few weeks or so.
    I bought 8 of them at the $14.97 delivered price last summer.

Actually I bough only one at first to test it.
    My home theater seating has 4 full sized ButtKicker LFEs running off 2 ButtKicker BKA1000N 1000W amps, and to test the Aura Interactor I just watched the last battle scene of "Tears of the Sun" (at ~25:00 and about where the F18 Hornets take off from the aircraft carrier, which BTW: is currently on Netflix) ... and used the transducer that I removed from the plastic back pack, the amp and the power supply from the Interactor, to see how it compared with my Home Theater ButtKicker LFE by placing one hand on each at the same time.
    The original backpack mounted system does not demonstrate the ability of the system for our use. In fact the backpack seems to attenuate the impact a lot, and is probably why the Aura Interactor didn't receive a lot of acclaim when it first entered the market.

Anyway ... obviously the 1000W ButtKicker driven LFE was much stronger, but the Interactor system with the raw transducer in my hand was just as well defined, and certainly had enough punch for the service I detailed above by simply tossing the plastic backpack, and mounting the transducer to your rig with hardware through it's existing grommets.

Heck ... at less than $20 delivered to try it, and with Amazon's liberal return policy, a person doesn't have a lot to lose. ;)
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  2. DOFreality

DOFreality Member

Balance:
    343Coins
    Ratings:
    +45 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    so 4 of that 10$ Aura Interactor, Blanco, Body Shakers ...
    bolted to the seat can do the job pretty well?
    What were your experiments / experience with them?
  3. MacThai_75

MacThai_75 Member

Balance:
    439Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I can't speak to the Blanco or Body Shaker but from the description they appear to be basically the same as the Aura Interactor.
    The Aura is not as dramatic as my ButtKicker BK-KIT-4, the BK is a 300W RMS system, with a more massive transducer ... but for the duties I outlined above the Aura Interactor works very well for me.

IMHO: They work best when used for things like stick shift, getting shot, hit by gravel, small bumps, engine vibration, minor turbulence, when firing things like an A10's cannon, joystick feedback, and that sort of thing.
    But since the whole shaker experience is personal taste, and since they are so inexpensive ... with an easy return to Amazon, I recommend giving one a try to see if it will be enough for you.
    4 of them under the seat might be all you need, or even want.

Also, here's a free for DCS, payware for other sims, shaker control program that is not as refined as SimVibe, but easier to use, requires less sound card hardware in your PC, and has some really nice features.
    SimShaker http://dreamsimteam.blogspot.com/p/simshaker.html

On Edit ... If you just run the Interactor off an audio signal that's not controlled by a transducer program (like directly from your sound system) be sure to use the LFE channel of your system for best results.
    The Interactor comes with the cables and an 'X' adapter for most types of signal connections.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  4. aceinthesky

aceinthesky Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    387Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    image.jpeg Cut a dumbbell in half, and welded the pieces to the end of some tubing. Also had two angle brackets welded on tubing so I can mount it to my seat. This way I can add or remove weights from back of seat for proper balance when needed.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. aceinthesky

Balance:
    387Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    My rig is pretty well balanced with my seat, which is on rails on its furthest back position. I don't think I'll need much weight to get it balanced if someone moves the seat forward. I'm thinking about always keeping some weight back there in order to move the cog back a lil and help motors with pitch up movements. Since pitch down is easier with gravity not working against motors.
  6. dualclick76

dualclick76 Active Member

Balance:
    10Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    nice project. I want to know where I can find those engines. thank you
  7. aceinthesky

Balance:
    387Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Here is some more pics of the mods so far.
    [/ATTACH] image.jpeg image.jpeg
  8. aceinthesky

Balance:
    387Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    image.jpeg The bolt on the joint were stretching and coming loose so I welded that also
  9. aceinthesky

Balance:
    387Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    And this the the front could probably buy the he ultimates now lol. The sterring mount is also rock solid now image.jpeg image.jpeg
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. MacThai_75

MacThai_75 Member

Balance:
    439Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Looks good! :)

It's just a shame that you need to go to all that ... just to get to what it appears that you get from the pictures on Dynamic Kit's website, when you buy the Pro.
    But like I said, improvements and modifications can be fun ... and doing them does make it be the way 'you' want it to be.

Looking forward to your working review when you get it all sorted out.
  11. Andres Castaneda

Andres Castaneda Member

Balance:
    310Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Anyone could give some feedback about the noise of the rig?
  12. hazardic

hazardic m3gt2 fan

Balance:
    345Coins
    Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    when i play i absolutely don't hear any motor noise - mostly because i have 5.1 around me so i hear only engine and game sounds. but if i turn off the sound i will hear that my accuforce more noisy (but it's very silent comparing to t500) than motors. if we'll take scn5 for instance i could say they make dramatically more noise
  13. aceinthesky

Balance:
    387Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    I agree with hazardic the rig is really quiet. There is some noise that comes from the join under seat during fast transitions, but that's about it.
  14. Ruszek83

Ruszek83 New Member

Balance:
    227Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Motors are very silent, but the steering box fans are like tornado from hell... 899DB or more! :p
  15. Mxcobra

Mxcobra Member

Balance:
    229Coins
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Just about ready to pull the trigger on the kit from DynKit .. Any more feed back would be great. I'm really looking for a basic setup. I don't have the time to fab a lot.. I already have a logitec G27 & Oculus CV-1. So All i need is the sim & tools and i should be good.. Anyone else in the United States have one? Near Boston would be ideal ;-)
  16. aceinthesky

Balance:
    387Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Mxcobra, your set up should be great for the sim. Only need to fab up things if you're using heavy duty equipment like myself that are using almost real car like forces.

I'm finally finished with mine. image.jpeg image.jpeg
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Andres Castaneda

Andres Castaneda Member

Balance:
    310Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Question for dynkit owners. I just installed Dirt Rally with the patching perfectly for x64 installed but no having any data from the game. The game manager recognize the game but no data collected. I have Asseto Corsa and Project Cars working fine.
    Also simvibe is working with dirt rally. Any ideas?
    Thank you
  18. aceinthesky

Balance:
    387Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    image.jpeg image.jpeg It took me a few hours but I finally got dirt rally simtools motion and simcommander working together. Did you patch the game under c:/user/documents/my games/ dirt rally. If you did that then remove patch and then repatch game in same location. When you start game make sure that in the game options-video settings, it's set to full screen and the highest resolution, and ultra or high settings. See if motion works. Also the only way to get motion and simvibe working together is to a add a line in the config files for an extra port.

There is a bug in the game concerning the window mode and resolution settings.

Also setup min and max values with the sim tools game engine tuning center.

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. aceinthesky

Balance:
    387Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    This is what you need to add to get sim commander to work with sim tools:

add a new text string in the hardware_setting_config.

<motion_platform>
    <udp enabled="true" extradata="3" ip="127.0.0.1" port="4123" delay="1" />
    <udp enabled="true" extradata="0" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" delay="1" />
    <fanatec enabled="true" pedalVibrationScale="1.0" wheelVibrationScale="1.0" ledTrueForGearsFalseForSpeed="true" />
    </motion_platform>
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Andres Castaneda

Andres Castaneda Member

Balance:
    310Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0