1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Konterror's 2 DOF Seatmover Project

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by konterror, Feb 5, 2015.

1. konterror

konterror Member Gold Contributor

System/Storage Administrator
    Balance:
    176Coins
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    @cyril69850 motedis.de is where I bought my stuff :D
  2. konterror

Balance:
    176Coins
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I still have not really figured out the problem with my one PSU. By now I think I got one PSU that is defective (the one that works).
    After I but the push rods back in the 80mm holes, I spend more time in the JRK motor settings. I had to reduce the max duty cycles and the max accel a bit.
    I am now use 550 Max duty with 250 accel and 20 ms break duration. I upped the P to 0.7 and D to 1.8. Two days ago I would have thought those settings will not move the seat properly... But they do and it is fun!

@Nick Moxley and @noorbeast I am sorry I bothered you so much and having so much patience with me. Thank you! I should have spend some more time on reading the JRK settings and playing around with them right away instead of crying around.

Now I need to get some new ball joints for the rod ends.... They restrict the left to right movement with the 80mm ctc -.-
    I will post a new video of the movements on track soon as well :)
    • Like Like x 2
  3. cyril69850

cyril69850 New Member

Balance:
    293Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I see that you used mostly 40mm thick aluminium. Do you think that 30mm could be enough?
    I have reject 20mm because it look really weak.
    I'm planning to do a 2dof with big linear actuator around 600mm travel distance.
    Amically
    Cyril
  4. konterror

Balance:
    176Coins
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    @cyril69850 I cannot really tell you that 30mm will do, since I have no experience with that. What I can tell you is that I would change some parts in my design!
    I would change the longest pieces, the base, to 40*80mm. With the motors in the back the profiles lift of the floor at times. I would add another cross bar, or maybe two to the wheel part. I use a direct drive wheel with a little over 20nm tourqe, and it moves. Not much, but enough that I might order something to put across.
    My seat constriction is a little too much. I took out the cross bar in the back, and one of the 40*40 on the bottom.
    I made some small changes to the picture in my first post. I could provide you my files for maycad, in case you are interested.

Back to the 30mm. With the changes I explained above, I could imagine 30mm would suffice. But I cannot guarantee that :D
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. konterror

Balance:
    176Coins
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    A little and last update for this year. I flipped my motors and the levers, they now face backwards. I expected this to be much shorter, but it gave me only 8cm. With the levers backwards though, it seems to work better. Boards stay cooler and I am able to run a little more agressive PID settings without getting any errors.
    I configured AC in lately as well. I love iRacing for the online races, but when I just want to do a quick run without much preperation and still have someone to race (AI), AC is much better :)
    Here is a video of how things look:

For me, it looks and feels good. I know about the motors lifting the construction in the back, I will put some rubber under it and some halfed walkway plates in the middle :D

I hope all of you had a nice Holidays and will have a happy new year!
    • Like Like x 1