1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

EZDok and P3Dv3. [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Prepar3D' started by Archie, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Archie

Archie Eternal tinkerer

Balance:
    3,796Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,379 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Hi Guys,

Been trawling the interweb for my issue and can't find it, so figured one of you chaps may have seen this issue?

Without TrackIR running, EZdok camera's work fine. I can move between them no issue in P3Dv3.

Fire up TrackIR (before starting P3Dv3 as normal) and when I change Ezdok camera's, they don't move to new views. It stays in the Pilot view but kind of zooms in or out. Also, Edit mode ceases to work.

It's driving me insane. I can't fly without TrackIR but also rely on EZdok to quickly view cockpit controls in close...

Anyone else seen this?

TIA.
  2. Archie

Archie Eternal tinkerer

Balance:
    3,796Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,379 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Never mind. Fixed it after some trial and error.

In case anyone else has this issue:

Edit exe.xml in %appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepare3D v3
    And remove the EZDok section.

Fire up P3D.
    Wait for full load and sat in cockpit view.
    Fire up EZdok.
    Wait for load and select a camera to make sure working.
    Fire up Track IR.

In that sequence, it all works. It's something to do with competing Simconnect calls, but can't be bothered to delve much beyond that.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Archie

Archie Eternal tinkerer

Balance:
    3,796Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,379 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Just to add to this. I found out an odd fix to the issue above, totally by accident.

I downloaded the current free trial of GSX from FSdreamteam, and in doing so, this seems to have set the Simconnect calls to the correct versions.
    EzDok now fully works (middle mouse move and Numlock 2 allows edits - which I could not do before)
    TrackIR works fully with or without EZdok.

Seems GSX installs the correct Simconnect libraries and everything else falls into line.

Wish I knew more of what the actual fix was, but just putting this here... It might help someone else.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. smoukn

smoukn New Member

Developer
    Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Hi Archie!

I just want to say, that there is a new camera system software for FSX and P3D. It is called FSFX Chaseplane. It's in alpha though, but worth a try.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Archie

Archie Eternal tinkerer

Balance:
    3,796Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,379 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Yes - It's getting rave reviews across the board.

EZdok is great but not been update for a very long time!

Bring on ChasePlane! :)