1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

2dof motion sim + traction loss

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Leith, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Leith

Leith New Member

Balance:
    262Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    hi guys thought i'd start my build

i'm going to have a crack at building from what i gather a 2dof with traction loss, will be a platform mover just haven't decided whether pivot points will be mounted at the shoulders behind the seat or onto the platform itsel. opinions on this would be appreciated

so i've been working on my rc servo model, seemed like a good way to start out.
    pillaged parts from an old rc car i had laying around-
    2x servos (180 degree i think they are??)
    2x control arms
    and a universal joint setup

so pretty well had everything except the arduino board, got one of those expressed from oceanelectronics and that afternoon made a cardboard mock up
    rc servo model 1.jpg
    loaded @eaorobbie s code to the arduino, download simtools and got the servos moving around, not properly i should of read the quickstart guide properly haha. yesterday raided the missus hobby craft supply and quickly built a proper platform to do my testing and come up with this
    rc servo model 2.jpg
    so after reading the quickstart guide properly i got it moving the way it should, went through and tested the roll, pitch, sway etc.. seperately just to see how it moved the platform around and make sure it was moving the right way. i dont think my servo's are quality enough to handle more than 2dofs?? not sure so for now i have sway and surge

i'll mess around with it a bit more but for now im chuffed that i got it to work

cheers seper
    • Like Like x 3
  2. bruce stephen

bruce stephen Hammer doesnt fix it, must be electrical

general contractor
    Balance:
    9,110Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,238 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    GJ @Leith , congrats on your success. Videos are always welcome. Have you decided how you want to add traction loss?
  3. Leith

Leith New Member

Balance:
    262Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    seper was a typo my bad

thanks. well i've seen people have a seperate frame on rollers and that seems to be the most straight forward way but looks to take up a lot of room, just want to keep it semi simple for my first build but i'll converse with my dad and maybe we can come up with something outside the box so to speak and a bit more compact

here's a video, had to google how to embed it haha
    • Like Like x 2
  4. getti

getti Currently building my first 2dof seat mover...

Balance:
    45Coins
    Ratings:
    +45 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Nice work, looking good!
  5. Pastrana

Pastrana Member

Balance:
    159Coins
    Ratings: