1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

New Review of the Prosimu rig

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by FlyingColander, Oct 23, 2016.

1. FlyingColander

FlyingColander Member

Balance:
    643Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 2 / -0
    Wanted to point to an article by AussieStig who reviews Prosimu's T1000 motion rig. An in-depth review and video about assembling and driving this 3 degree of movement system. AussieStig also provides some good mods of his own.

http://www.isrtv.com/reviews/review-prosimu-t1000-3dof-motion-simulator/

Cheers,

Flying Colander
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. FlyingColander

FlyingColander Member

Balance:
    643Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 2 / -0
    For all of us concerned with Intellectual Property, Prosimu does not distribute any control software with its products.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,574Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    “Not Licensed for Commercial Use” in essence means any use that can be construed to contribute to the earning of additional income by a person or entity because of that usage. That includes even mentioning Simtools 1.3 by commercial entities since it can’t be legally used with a commercial product in the first place but could non-the-less still contribute to additional sales by its mere mention that it will work with their commercial product. Look at it this way, how many units do you think Prosimu would sell and how much money would they make if they offered no motion software solutions that will work with their products since they don't have their own? Would you buy a rig from them if you didn't know what to use to make it move?

And to make their usage of Simtools 1.3 even more egregious, Prosimu not only tells their customers about the existence of Simtools 1.3, then they charge them to install it too. It’s a great racket as long as you’re allowed to get away with it without consequence.

And it certainly didn’t help matters when I attempted a consequence by trying to shame Patrick at Prosimu by informing his customers that popped up here that they actually don’t have legal rights to use Simtools 1.3 only to have all my posts deleted and to be reprimanded for doing so. I was told Prosimu buyers are viewed as “victims” here. How they can be considered victims when Dustin aka yobuddy, who has graciously offered his software here free to Diy builders only, is not when he gets taken advantage on a regular basis is beyond me though. Bottom line is Dustin himself has stated Prosimu are in violation of his license and that’s good enough for me.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  4. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,574Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    Btw, with Simtools 1.3 it was rather nice to have an all-encompassing license that only consisted of five words. Seemed easy enough to understand to me but since many apparently couldn’t the new 2.0 diy license will basically say the same thing but will now consist of hundreds if not thousands of words. Good luck getting your head wrapped around that one instead. :D
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  5. FlyingColander

FlyingColander Member

Balance:
    643Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 2 / -0
    BlazinH,

Thanks for furthering my education on this matter. This is far deeper and stickier than I knew. I take your point about selling a non-moving product. I made the comment thinking Prosimu had come into the fold or, at least, was mending its ways.

I hope everyone does right by Yobuddy and the dev team by purchasing a 2.0 license whether they go the DIY route or store bought.

Cheers,

Flying Colander