1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

News Isle of Man TT - Kickstarter Project

Discussion in 'News' started by Pit, May 10, 2016.

1. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,414Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1669324602/snaefell-mountain-course-3d-laser-scan

I'll support it. Hopefully this track comes to life.
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. bob williams

bob williams OSW sfx100

IT
    Balance:
    87Coins
    Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
  3. birle1

birle1 New Member

Balance:
    232Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i had raced here with gpl in a abridged circuit. this mean the track is shorter than real, yes? i played with diferent mods of the gpl (gt`s, 67`s,...) and when i saw the new version, the real version, the long one, of the track i thought "umh, this is quite faster!! the abridged one has the straighs quite shorter and the curve more closer. there are more curve flat out. quite fun."

it´s not laser scanned, but it works for me.
  4. sasystem

sasystem New Member

Metal Worker
    Balance:
    367Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    They have not succeeded. A bad precedent for future projects.
  5. Archie

Archie Eternal tinkerer

Balance:
    3,795Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,379 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    There was a game on the PS2 (Yes...Playstation 2..) where the Manx Track was created to a good level of detail.
    Superbikes - Isle of Man TT
    Developer was "Jester"
    It's a shame that Data is not available somehow...

This is me flying around on a Gixxer... I used to know this track very well, but that knowledge has long since gone :(

https://www.facebook.com/thefrodshams/videos/405555034015/