1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

ANY "SILENT BLOCK" FOR MONITORS?

Discussion in 'Electronic and hardware generally' started by hideki, Sep 19, 2016.

1. hideki

hideki Active Member

Balance:
    - 198Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hello guys. I want to know how full motion diy simers protect their monitos/TVs from the constant vibration of their simulators...
    Is there any post talking about that?
    Many thanks!
  2. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,416Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Hi, using LED projectors since years never thought about that. Never heard about damaged screens because of any vibration/motion.
  3. hideki

hideki Active Member

Balance:
    - 198Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hi Pit. I bought an ultrawide LG monitor and it looks so fragile... I am corcen about lasting less than usuual because of the movement... If noone had problems I guess I will be file
  4. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Well-Known Member

Owner/Operator- Moxleys Rantals
    Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Or just not mount your screens to your rig like many do.
  5. hideki

hideki Active Member

Balance:
    - 198Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    I want to see the difference Perhaps it will feel better
  6. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,574Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    Solid-state electronics are quite shock resistant so no problem there except possibly the screen. If you’re using a larger screen though and if your rig produces a lot of inertia, then there’s the chance of it twisting and causing damage. Even if the screen doesn’t break, it could cause some of the scan lines to malfunction.

In 2009 I bought a 3d smart tv that retailed for $1600. I wanted to use it’s 3d capabilities with 3dVision and my rig. But I was worried about wreaking a brand new tv so what I did was built a frame out of 2x6’s (inches) that went around the screen. I used 1x2’s attached to the 2x6’s to create a channel in the middle of the frame for the tv to set in. I put some pipe insulation around the edge of my screen when I set it in the channel so it would be cushioned and prevent scratches. I attached the 2x6 wood frame directly to my rig and put metal support tubes on the top of both corners of the wood frame and to my rig to further stabilize it.

The frame worked great since I had enough available power to compensate for the additional weight of the wood frame. Unfortunately though, the 3d was a complete fail because the screens refresh rate was to low for anything other that 24htz which is a no go for gaming imo. :(
  7. hideki

hideki Active Member

Balance:
    - 198Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Thanks for the info Blazinh Never ocurred to me to bild a frame around. I am not sure yet what to do. If I ever do something I will post it.
  8. hugo sousa

hugo sousa New Member

serralheiro
    Balance:
    283Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    You need neopreme for all monitor
  9. hideki

hideki Active Member

Balance:
    - 198Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hello Hugo Anywhere to have an idea how to use neopreme?? never heard of it
  10. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Well-Known Member

Owner/Operator- Moxleys Rantals
    Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, JRK
  11. hugo sousa

hugo sousa New Member

serralheiro
    Balance:
    283Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Neoprene and a type of rubber used to make silent blocks and also sold in roll format with various sizes I own use roll. Sorry my English but I am using google translator

Attached Files:

12. hideki

hideki Active Member

Balance:
    - 198Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    thanks My English is not good either but what I meant is "how to use it" to protect monitors. In Spanish is called Neopreno by the way but I never heard of Neopreno used for screens in any way...
  13. hugo sousa

hugo sousa New Member

serralheiro
    Balance:
    283Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Simple neoprene shopping in roll format and cut the monitor bracket format. The neoprene will oxilar it makes sinobloco effect and so and avoiding the vibration caused by the wheel .simples you can always use these seals used in hoses wc also make the same effect

Attached Files: