1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Game Dash + Arduino communication test

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by andykarn, Aug 27, 2016.

1. andykarn

andykarn New Member

Balance:
    - 31Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Hi all, I've spent many hours searching this forum and learnt a lot by doing so!
    However - now I'm stuck and I need expert help for something probably very basic.

I just want to send a serial test output signal from Game Dash to my Arduino Uno board to see if they can communicate.

I'm trying to build a wind simulator for Assetto Corsa, using the Arduino and a motor shield to drive a 12V PWM-fan. I've followed excellent guides from mainly SilentChill, but I'm using a different motor shield than him.

So before I try to get it working with AC, I just want to test an output signal from GameDash to the Arduino, using the output test function for Dash1, setting it to a value of 127, making the LED on the Arduino half lit. Setting the output value to 255 making it fully lit.
    But I have no clue how to write or modify the Arduino code for this.

I've got Game Manager and Game Dash setup for Assetto Corsa, so the speed is mapped correctly to the Game Dash <Dash1>
    I think I've got the connections settings right: COM3 (for me) - 9600 baud - 8 bit - NP - 1 stop bit.
    But I seem to get nothing over to the Arduino from Game Dash.

I'm using a modified Arduino code that is provided by SilentChill, so when I'm in the Arduino Serial Monitor and type S255 the fan spins at full speed, so the connection works there. But nothing from the Game Dash.

Anyone got a clue?