1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

anyone with a gtx1080

Discussion in 'VR Headsets and Sim Gaming - Virtual Reality' started by f1iceman, Jul 17, 2016.

1. f1iceman

f1iceman Why So Serious ? ( The Joker )

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    ive just upgraded my gpu to an msi gtx 1080 fe and was wondering what fps your getting and can you max any games out on a cv1.
    atm I am running dirt rally and getting 45fps to 50-60 fps 80-90 fps mostly around the 50-60 fps.
    this is running ultra setting on the preset and also happens on the high settings.
    any one else getting the same or similar on other games even assetto corsa maxing it out and only getting 70fps for the cv1.
  2. hazardic

hazardic m3gt2 fan

Balance:
    345Coins
    Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    Ac is a very demanding game, but cv1 has a little feature that gives you more flexibility in fps, asynchronous timewarp.
    But with mine gainward 1080 gs I have fps around 70 with 15 ai cars and all settings to ultra and pp on, except hi-res mirror and reflections (medium), and maybe smoke to low, but I always dislike much smoke on the track. I have a 6 core cpu though, so 1080 opens its potential only being bounded with latest cpu generation, to prevent bottlenecking.
    I believe upcoming Ti or Titan will make things much better soon
  3. Blame73

Blame73 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    8,255Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,103 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    your CPU is bottlenecking @f1iceman , what is it?
  4. f1iceman

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    I ran the afterburner cpu didn't flag up tbh but am running fx8350.
  5. f1iceman

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    yeah that timewarp is amazing how it works, I mainly think the game and cards are not working together being so new atm and they not optimised to take advantage of the new cards performance. but in dirt I ran the debug tool and set the hud up so I could see what I was getting while selecting the graphics and it seem the killer in fps was the ground setting and a couple other but not as bad as the ground I run that off now and found a nice setup I am happy with in dirt, so just go to find it in the other games but dirt is live when you change the graphics setting so dead easy with the de bug tool, ac n project cars kinda slow process. but will try mine with what you have said tomoz see what I get but I have fx8350 proc and could be that even tho afterburner was not showing it to be that bad.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. PaulMac000

PaulMac000 Member

Balance:
    26Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform
    I have had so many many problems with the 8350 that I have given up on it.

Not sure if I got a faulty chip or not, but I can't run VR on it properly. I'm running an 1080 and put it in a friends intel set up and it worked flawlessly. Replaced components (RAM, motherboard, power supply, OS, harddrive, etc.) and every software fix I could imagine and nothing helped.

I won't be buying an AMD CPU for VR, at least for now, and am upgrading to Intel later this week.
  7. f1iceman

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    thats exactly what im trying to do now build a intel pc.
    my comp mate said its the cpu thats the issues as it dont work the the gpus very well or something like that.
    the proc dont support it but intels do.
  8. PaulMac000

PaulMac000 Member

Balance:
    26Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform
    I read an interesting comment on Reddit that is food for thought.

It was not to mix graphic card manufactures as they may be designed not to play nicely with one another.

Not sure if there is any credence to the idea, but it was the first time I had heard it and is food for thought.