1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

carlito´s project

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by carlitos, Nov 10, 2008.

1. carlitos

carlitos New Member

Architect, structural engineer, musician (drummer)
    Balance:
    299Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everybody, this is Carlos from Spain. First of all I want to THANK you for this forum, to all moderators and members who help, develop and share their knowledge with us.THANKS!! :clap:
    My project begins with a pair of presents: a PS3 and a logitech G25 wheel. I didn´t wanna play in a chair with the wheel clamped to a table, so I began researching in the internet looking for some kind of cockpit or seat to play with my brand toys. After some begginers solutions I found the Hyperstimulator cockpit and WOW!!! I thought: this must be like driving a F1! and after see the prices begun with the drawings in cad to make it by my self. I did the planes and cuted the pieces with a high pressure water cuting machine, and milled the edges like the original Hyperstimulator. Something different from the original is the foot width, because it is impossible to place three pedals in the original one.
    I had seen motion simulators but I thought It was impossible to make one of them, and then I found this forum, the EvanF videos on youtube and the Thanos web, and WWWOOOOWWWW!!! :eek: The first time I see Thano´s web and what he had done, I mailed him saying TRONICGR YOU ARE GREAT! I didn´t know his name but I didn´t matter and I couldn´t believe it.
    At this moment I´m finishing with painting of the cockpit (why didn´t I finished in natural wood?!) and the limited time I have I´m spending in reading the forum. I have done a render of the cockpit to think on how to move it in the 3ds. I did somethings with Catia 3 years ago but it´s too tedious for this because all drawing is parametric drawing, so I will have to estimate the center of gravity and check it on the real model. Here is the render:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhn2H1OQtZ0

If someone wants the cad files or the 3ds files just mail me: carloselastico@gmail.com and I will send them if you want to make one (all holes and screws are marked, so assemble it is very easy).
    Here you have some pics of the making of the car and seat (the seat is done with poliuretane foam and refined with poliester paste, and it is incredible comfortable.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well i´m thinking on making a simple 2 DOF simulator, why? Because simulators with a base or with a point of rotation different to the center of gravity of the driver gives force sensations too different of simulators like the Thano´s or the Txus (Jesus) ones. These simulators give you the feeling of the force when you tunrn to left and right like a real car witout feeling the change of position that gives you a simulator with a bottom point of rotation. I don´t know if I´m explaining clearly, sorry about my english. Furthermore these simulator have better balance and need smaller motors to make the work.
    One more think is what to use, neumatic actuator, electrical, .... We need fast movements and this is expensive (I asked about the copley lineal motors and.....2500€ each!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChEGIyWYkUY

Please monast, tell me if you finally have some solution for making an interesting servo with a good price. What about the puller motors? I´m thinking in use track wiper motors, the are 24v (less amps) with higher power, but only thinking, I did not see anything.

Well this is my presentation and my project, thanks for your time and I will upgrade when possible.

Regards,

Carlos.
  2. carlitos

carlitos New Member

Architect, structural engineer, musician (drummer)
    Balance:
    299Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone again! here is a first attempt of how to move the cockpit. All this time I´ve been reserching about dc motors suitable for this project. I want a fast response that makes necesary the use of the harnes for playing (or better say, for practice), and if we look into dc motors available, it is sooooooo expensive. I thought that it would be great a 1/2 Hp 24v dc motor which could be about 30A. This motor could be controled with Thanos boards and power suplies could be easy to find. Ok, when you look for a continuous use suitable motor, it is no under 500-600€!!! Oh my god. I could find 24V dc 30A at 185€ but they would burn after 5 minits of use :eek: These are motors for hidraulic pumps for truck platforms and other aplications. So I think that finally I will be going to Pneumatic solution as Txus is doing: http://simtxus.googlepages.com/

Here you have a first render of the motion cockpit. It has not many work on it, the actuators are quiet and there is not much detail, but you can make an idea and I will apreciate any suggestions from the forum.

Thanks you all!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8d1daDpsDw