1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

ALM: Aluminium printed motocycle by Airbus

Discussion in '3D Printing' started by RacingMat, May 30, 2016.

1. RacingMat

RacingMat Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    20,875Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,079 / 21 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino

“Advances in additive layer manufacturing (ALM) have allowed us to realize the bionic design we envisioned for the motorcycle without having to make any major changes. With these technologies, the limitations facing conventional manufacturing disappear.”

airbus-apworks-unveils-35kg-3d-printed-light-rider-motorcycle-3.jpg

airbus-apworks-unveils-35kg-3d-printed-light-rider-motorcycle-5.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  2. PaulMac000

PaulMac000 Member

Balance:
    26Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Motion platform
    Whoa, that is insane.
  3. RacingMat

RacingMat Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    20,875Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,079 / 21 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    this electric motorcycle weights only 35 kg
    • Like Like x 1
  4. chu

chu 2dof racingseat

tecnician
    Balance:
    937Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    And looks great
  5. GR88

GR88 Member

M.E Student
    Balance:
    644Coins
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    More of an electric bicycle than motorcycle but still really cool. I can't wait to see where 3D printing goes over the next 10 years
  6. monicamary

monicamary Member

Balance:
    299Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Just shows the power of 3D printing. A while back I visited an industrial 3D printing 'warehouse' where they had some serious 3D printing equipment. The stuff they can print with SLS printers is pretty amazing. Traditional manufacturing processes just aren't able to keep up. The metal printers that would have printed this bike are the way forward. 3D printing is super exciting technology. Check out this TED talk from a about a year ago