1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Diy sequential shifter and thrustmaster tx

Discussion in 'DIY peripherals' started by Bullitt, May 25, 2016.

1. Bullitt

Bullitt New Member

Balance:
    271Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    hi, i would like to kebto make a shifter similar to how the frex shift+ Using a simple 3 way switch or two pushbutton/endstop and connect it to a thrustmaster tx.
    Without having to disassmble the wheel and solder 2 wire on the paddles, does anybody know if is possible to connect the wiring from the shifter port on the wheel, if so there is anybody who has done it already?
  2. RacingMat

RacingMat Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    20,890Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,083 / 21 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Donavan

Donavan New Member

Balance:
    72Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    i'm planning to make a shifter to my Thrustmaster F430 ffbw with a cheap generic usb controller, that you only attach some wire to the ussualy buttons with a drop down resistor and you can use all the buttons of the ubs controller.
    i pretend to use to shift the gear and some other uses, like pit limiter, and etc.
    i'm thinking to make the shifter a arcade stick, only working in one of the axis.
  4. Bullitt

Bullitt New Member

Balance:
    271Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    that is actually a good idea as it would expand the button available on the wheel.
    the only thing is it would only work on a pc but not on xboxone, i like to use the wheel every now and then even with my xbox that is why i would like to use the port on the wheel if possible.
    cannot find too many information online and it is a pity they removed the extra wire connector on the wheel.
  5. Donavan

Donavan New Member

Balance:
    72Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    that's right, my possible solution is only for pc.
    without a datasheet of the wheel it's diffucult to know what does the port do.
    on my thrustmaster f430 ffb, the rear connector (for the pedals) it is directly plugged on the trimpots of the pedals. I know that because i have opened the wheel.
    if there is a type of encryption or directly connection, only debugging all the wheel.
    i hope thats give you a north.
  6. NjMotion

NjMotion Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,500Coins
    Ratings:
    +261 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 6DOF
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Bullitt

Bullitt New Member

Balance:
    271Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    i found this useful guide from a this guy blog and he does an amazing job at explaining how to debug the wheel of the TX, unfortunately he doesn't look into the shifter port but i guess it is very similar.
    for anybody interested link below
    http://rr-m.org/blog/hacking-a-thrustmaster-tx-rw-gaming-wheel-with-arduino-uno-part-1/
  8. Donavan

Donavan New Member

Balance:
    72Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    nice hack this guy make on his tx. also nice tutorial.. heuheue
  9. Bullitt

Bullitt New Member

Balance:
    271Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    at the end i opted for a cheap usb gamepad like the one posted by merchan-e , so i decided to take advantage of the extra inputs and wire some push buttons and a rotary encoder.
    now i am having trouble to get the controller read clean inputs from the rotary encoder, i have try