1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

improving immersion

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by alpefe, Nov 30, 2012.

1. alpefe

alpefe Member

Balance:
    - 17Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    This is something that I will not bring it to market here, is an affordable way to improve the immersion in the game, it is simply put a cover it is more likely that either black or gray PVC foam is a lightweight material and cheap, clean and very well insulated from outside of you so that you concentrate only on the screen.
    the system is simply a strip of aluminum 3X30, but may be any other material, we can manipulate this action when either conform to our taste, and not expensive.
    We set our monitors support, bend over and we monitor 2 M4-M5 holes to fasten PVC plate.
    as you will see in the render, if only utilizais a monitor or TV, also want to put on the sides will find that after a while of playing will win in immersion and concentration, which will be translated into better times, I hope you like it.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. mad_marty

mad_marty Member

Machinist
    Balance:
    709Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I thought about it, too. People underestimate how important it is to shield the especially moving platforms from the static environment. I thought about using a big umbrella for the roof and cloth for the sides so I don't have a big weight disadvantage.
  3. maximizador

maximizador New Member

farmer
    Balance:
    360Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    I think a great idea to remove distraction . I also think it is important the relationship of the position of the image as in this video
  4. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Active Member

Something with airplanes..
    Balance:
    1,786Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Has something similar but waaay to hot in the summer even after installing 3 fans..
  5. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,415Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Nice! The only thing I don't like the wheel and hands are "covered" by the projector.
  6. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,415Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    BTW after racing with triples I would never go back to 2D, Nvidia 3D surround is somewhat of buggy but at the moment the best alternative to the VR, despite of the lower resolution (in comparison with VR) but you think you sit in the car and not in front of the screen.