1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules
  1. TheLoneRonin

TheLoneRonin Working at my first 2DOF Simulator...

Balance:
    77Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hello,

There is a programm to make non-native supported Games playable with the Oculus Rift.
    I didn´t bought it by my own yet, but i think it may work: http://www.vorpx.com/

Greetings:
    Ronin
  2. SilentChill

SilentChill Problem Maker

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,399Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Yes quality piece of software you can pretty much get any game to work in VR. It will be updated very soon to work with Oculus 1.3 runtime some have got success already with the beta.
  3. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,574Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    Imo it should be a standard that all VR gear comes with this kind of software. I would actually be excited about VR headsets if they were capable of providing the same support for 3D that I have already enjoyed for years with Nvidia 3dVision.

But considering the Rifts current release debacle, Oculus at least are incapable of supplying millions of more customers atm anyway.
  4. Mic_n

Mic_n New Member

Balance:
    431Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Yup, that's basically all I'm after. 3dVision, combined with TrackIR, combined with a head-mounted display. I have my Vive pre-ordered, and am pleased to know that although VorpX doesn't support it yet, it's certainly 'on the to-do list'.
  5. Blame73

Blame73 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    8,255Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,105 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    I suffered nausea playing games that weren't designed with original VR support.
    Not seeing your body is one of the things that triggers nausea, lateral unnatural movements (strafe) in fps is the leader in this
  6. Mic_n

Mic_n New Member

Balance:
    431Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Having the motion felt by your inner ear and that reported by your eyes being out of sync is the basic trigger, and as you state, FPS strafing is not something that our body can work out very well..

I'm thinking "in cockpit" stuff, though.. driving and flight sims in particular. The sort of thing that you'd use something like TrackIR with. Stereoscopic video and head tracking. That's what VR boils down to, and those components can quite readily be backported via existing interfaces. Stereo vision is trivial at a driver level, and TrackIR and the FreeTrack setup that mimics the earlier versions of it are widely supported already - 'translating' output from the Oculus and/or Steam APIs into that shouldn't be all that complex from a technical perspective.
    • Like Like x 1