1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

t500rs wheel setting for assetto corsa

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by f1iceman, Oct 25, 2015.

1. f1iceman

f1iceman Why So Serious ? ( The Joker )

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    Hi guys n gals

I have been messing around with wheel settings and struggling to get comfy with it i have got it ok tho i like it but not just get a feeling it should be better, i have stuck with 1 car the bmw gt3 z4 so i can just keep playing with diffrent settings.
    but with so many configs i was wondering if anyone has any i could try that feels good to you so i can see how i go as i think wheels n playing and trying is what brings good things but atm i would like another setting off a diffrent brain :)

kind regards for any help here.
  2. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,416Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    From the AC forum c&p:

Assetto Corsa 1.3.1 FFB (final)

After some testing with my feelers and@@Atle Dreier FFB clip-o-meter, it became obvious that AC own FFB bar is not showing correct results.
    Below is the results, and recommendation for all T500rs owners. Obviously if you get the tool and do your own tests, results will be the most accurate for you.
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...-tool-stable-version-3-0-acv1-3-update.14165/

Driver settings for T500RS:

Overall Strength = 60%
    Constant = 100%
    Periodic = 100%
    Spring = 0%
    Damping = 65% (affects only when car is travelling under 3 kph and stand still.)
    [x] ...by the game
    Too high Overall Strenght makes the wheel start to clip in the hardware side of things, which is not good. 62% is the highest you should ever go. Too much damping makes the stand still tyre friction (only way to make damping affect in AC is for you to turn on values under FF_experimental in assetto_corsa.ini.) feel notchy. 50-75% and you still have a nice weighty feel while car is not moving.

In-game controller menu:
    FFB Gain = 85% (that is the best gain value I got, by checking with multiple cars using Atle's clipping doodad. Gives nice hefty FFB without clipping issues.)
    Filter = 0
    Minimum Forces = 2% (minimum Force shouldn't be raised above 3%, it's pretty much exactly the T500 internal resistance, forces under 2-3% overall strength gets lost in translation basically)
    Rest of the Values = 0 (Kerb, Road, Slip)

Car Specific:
    FFB multiplier = 100% (while on track,Numpad + and - keys to adjust.)
    In case some car I didn't happen to try, starts to look like its clipping or you like lighter FFB, feel free to experiment or just adjust from the Car Specific FFB while on track (Numpad + and - keys).

Gyroscopic forces:
    Last but not least, I recommend using the new FF_experimental feature called Gyro. Reasons in the following thread with some visual aid:
    http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ff_experimental-enable_gyro-0.25329/#post-513756

Gyroscopic forces are turned on in the physics engine level, but this is meant for strong direct drive wheels since they tend to want to oscelate more, but as stated above, in some cars even with T500 it is beneficial.

As default this is turned off.
    More about this in the future, in case more info comes to light and potential reason why it shouldn't be turned on for the likes of T500. I havent found any drawbacks as of yet.
    How to turn it on? You can find this in:
    //assettocorsa/system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini
    [FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
    ENABLE_GYRO=0
    Change the 0 (zero) into 1 (one), so it looks like this:
    [FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
    ENABLE_GYRO=1
    Save the file...
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. cthiggin

cthiggin Active Member

Self-Employed
    Balance:
    15,209Coins
    Ratings:
    +435 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. f1iceman

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    thanks guys looks like i got lots to go on now, my findings was the low it was better feel but found the kurbs were not giving much considering they are normally quite big beggers on a track and expected abit more from them so was mainly trying to incorperate them to feel right too.
    might work better when i get the transducer connected i guess.
    the seat works well over kurbs but the wheel does next to nothing on most of them. i used spa as the track in assetto corsa.
    project cars i struggle with getting running right but will try again.
    i did a quick search for a few setting of tinternet but was nearly always logitech stuff i found :-(.
  5. insanegr

insanegr !N$@n€

Balance:
    16,715Coins
    Ratings:
    +499 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    @f1iceman i spent a week reading and tuning my ts500 wheel for a better feeling and came across this thread and helped me a lot http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ack-wheel-using-wheelcheck-and-ffbclip.14319/
    you can use the wheelcheck app to find the most linear setting for your hardware and then use the force feedback anti-clipping tool http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/force-feedback-anti-clipping-tool-v3-2.14165/ as @Pit has mentioned above.
    my wheel settings are
    t500.png ac t500.png

when i used the wheelckeck app the most linear settings was at 60% but i didn't like how it felt so i increased it to 70% and the feeling was much better
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. f1iceman

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    thank you all of you i will be playing later today see what comes of it :) this is what the hobby is about getting the info and helping us all with the things we don't know are right and might well be right but ya gotta love the fact a crap experience for someone else can be made good by others on here amzing site for simers.
    was just having a normal sunday drive yesterday but today and tomorrow i will be testing :)
    thank you all.
    that is not far off one of my test so a quick tweak and will go from there :)
    • Like Like x 1