1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

k8055+sabertooth+2dof winch motors

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by caiubbo84, Apr 6, 2012.

1. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you are running version 2.089, it doesnt work.
    If you are running version 3.003 or later, ask the question on www.x-sim.de
  2. caiubbo84

caiubbo84 Member

Balance:
    240Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks bsft, i'm waiting for the second step key for xsim3, i need it to read value or Ferrari virtual accademy 8)

Regards :hi:
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This issue should be discussed on www.x-sim.de , not here.
  4. nclabs

nclabs Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    196Coins
    Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    :O Finalmente ho trovato qualche italiano con i miei stessi tarli in testa! :D Anche io sto ultimando la mia postazione, ma è un po diversa dalla vostra. Ho usato un Playseat come base e gli SCN5 come motori (sì lo so, costano tanto). La configurazione con X-Sim l'ho già fatta, sto solo aspettando i pezzi dall'officina per poi montare tutto e farvi vedere il tutto finito.

Finally I found some italians with the same idea! I'm finishing my rig, but it's a little bit different because I used a Playseat base and the SCN5 motors (I know, they are expensive). I've already done the X-Sim setup and I'm just waiting for the parts from the workshop. When I will assemble the whole thing I will show my work.
  5. caiubbo84

caiubbo84 Member

Balance:
    240Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    A new video with memory scanner on Ferrari Virtual Academy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsZDNpYngMo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63XBlEWKKnw
  6. nclabs

nclabs Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    196Coins
    Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -0
    Uso il forum per rispondere a caiubbo:
    Ciao, ho letto che userai un playseat, buona soluzione con snc5 ma costosa! attenzione che se devi far muovere tutto il playseat con quei attuatori se un pò sotto sforzo, a meno che le metti all'estremità ma avrai un braccio lungo e poco muovimento, meglio snc6 se proprio ;).
    Ps: non uso mai msn, fai prima a chiedermi qui che ti rispondo sicuramente! posta le foto poi!!

Hai ragione in pieno, infatti come primo simulatore applicherò il movimento solo al sedile (come il tutorial di Mr Burns), in questo modo riuscirò a valutare l'effettiva forza degli SCN5 e saprò meglio come muovermi per il secondo step, ovviamente il movimento a tutta la struttura. Per poterlo fare mi servirà costruire un telaio da zero come il vostro, perchè la struttura del playseat è davvero pesante e soprattutto progettata per rimanere statica. Avevo provato a sentire da un amico che lavora con la fibra di carbonio, ovviamente sarebbe il materiale più adatto allo scopo (estremamente leggero e rigido) ma davvero troppo costoso. Stavo pensando alla vetroresina, o una struttura in alluminio (ma è difficilmente saldabile), cmq prima di mettere mano agli strumenti faccio sempre molto lavoro sulla progettazione a priori. Una volta finita la mia prima versione potrò valutare come fare per la seconda. Non appena lo monterò vi farò vedere tutte le foto e i video che serviranno. In ogni caso c'è nessuno di voi che usa MSN? Lo trovo un modo molto piu comodo e veloce per comunicare, i forum sono troooooppo lenti! :)

I'm using the forum to answer caiubbo:
    Hello, I read that you'll use a playseat, good but expensive solution snc5! Note that if you have to move all the playseat with those actuators if a little stress, unless you put them on the edge, but you'll have a long arm and little moving of, better if their snc6;).
    Ps: I never use msn, use the forum! post pictures then!

You are right in the middle, in fact as the first simulator will apply the motion only to the seat (as the tutorial of Mr Burns), and in this way be able to evaluate the actual strength of SCN5 and will know how best to move the second step, of course, the movement throughout. To do this I will build a frame from scratch like yours, because the structure of playseat is really heavy, especially designed to remain static. I tried to hear from a friend who works with carbon fiber, of course, would be the most suitable material for the purpose (extremely light and stiff) but really too expensive. I was thinking fiberglass, or aluminum (but hardly weldable), cmq before putting his hand to the tools I always do a lot of work on designing. Once finished my first version I will consider how to make a second. As soon as may ride I'll show you all the photos and videos you need. In any case, there is not one of you who use MSN?
  7. caiubbo84

caiubbo84 Member

Balance:
    240Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    This is my new seat installed on my sim, in next weeks i code my arduino for my new project a 4dof
    [img600px]http://www.x-simulator.de/forum/gallery/image_page.php?album_id=133&image_id=457[/img600px]
  8. jamesdio

jamesdio Member

Balance:
    763Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, AC motor, SCN5, SimforceGT, Motion platform, 4DOF

Great job! caiubbo84

This is really impressive work!
    Your job really helps me build my own motion simulator.

I can't wait for the Next version of your motion simulator, 4DOF. :happy:
    I hope to see your next post regarding 4dof one ASAP.

Anyway,I have question for you.
    Can you teach me how to find the values from Ferrari virtual academy with memory scanner?
    I also want to find motion values from neckar pro which was developed by same company with same engine with ferrari virtual academy.

Please help me and do me a favor.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Jason
  9. caiubbo84

caiubbo84 Member

Balance:
    240Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    hi jamesdio,

yes i can help you to find the value!! the first step is to download cheat engine 6.2, and find the gear or the speed in m/s and find the pointer af them, than you need the step 2 key of xsim3!!

i seen that most of people in they code of arduino have this setup-> Serial.begin(115200) but i can only set 9600 baud or in the serial monitor i have only strange caracters! so in your code i seen that you have the speed at115200! have you problems??

regards jamesdio,

caiubbo84
  10. jamesdio

jamesdio Member

Balance:
    763Coins
    Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, AC motor, SCN5, SimforceGT, Motion platform, 4DOF
    Thanks Caiubbo84.

I will able to get the speed value according to what you said.
    but It's for longitudinal force(acceleration forwards/backwards).

On you movie, I can see the lateral force,
    How can you get the lateral force (left/right)?

Anyway, I have no problem with my arduino project at 115200 baud rates.
    What kind of strange characters can you get from PC at 115200?

Is it working ok below the 9600?

Regards,
    jason
  11. caiubbo84

caiubbo84 Member

Balance:
    240Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jason,

I found lateral forces stearing all right and serch all value incremented, than all left and search for all decreased value! And this for many times! If nothing reserch whit right negative....

I fixed the boudrate is only a problem of arduino IDE ;)

Now i finisced with pid... The serial to read is very difficult i'm new in programming but very happy for my results! Now i can read i character in 8 bit res in byte! Ahahahah my targhet is 16 but Hex!

Regarda.
    Valentino
  12. caiubbo84

caiubbo84 Member

Balance:
    240Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi to all!!

update!! Serial read is perfect!! now i can read from 1 to infinite axis with my code with start srting, end string, and end axis value check, all this 200-300 times in 1sec, all on 16bit HEX! this is my first program in absolute!! :D !! now i need optimizate the loop, write the calibration, a stop command, two kind of kp,kd,ki (aggressive and not), and the low position for good bording! sorry for english!! :p

Valentino
  13. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I was using HEX too with my Basic Stamp2, I had to drop it and switch to binary as size of bytes required for transmission was killing my refresh rate, not to mention the conversions needed inside the microcontroller.

200 times per second (5ms), sounds about good with HEX data values.
  14. caiubbo84

caiubbo84 Member

Balance:
    240Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi Thanos,

i use a very simple method to convert i accumulate the value in a string and than i convert it to long with strtol()....... not with serial.read()-'0'; and x=100*x100+10*x10 etc etc....the first is the best way! ;) and incrase the speed of all! i have my all compute loop in only 3ms and i neeted to delay all! :p

i wrote my own pid because the library of arduino is not efficent, when i reset arduino all the errors are remembered and this is very unuseful, very bad...

the last step is to imlement encoders!!

and than my 4dof comes to LIFE! (ahahahah Frankenstein!) and is ready to be implemented to 6dof... a sixDof very low-cost!! MY DREAM!
  15. caiubbo84

caiubbo84 Member

Balance:
    240Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    OHHHH YESSS!!! :D

Last update------> 30/07/12 now my code can update 390 times in 1sec pause in xsim only 2ms, all in 16bit HEX !!! and tested with 4 axis!!! WOW i'm flying now..... FLYduino!!

Now i can build the simulator... :D

Best regards.
  16. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

would you be so kind as to share the code please?
  17. caiubbo84

caiubbo84 Member

Balance:
    240Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi bsft,

my code is in alpha version.. i need to test it in very strong situation! is my first programming project! it is too dangerous to use now! ;)

Bye
  18. Menix

Menix Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    99Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I need help to setup with this configuration.
    I do so like in the first post.
    But when i go to calibrate now my sim moves in maximum position after 5 sec. moves to minimum position, but then it dont go to center position.
    how can i do this?
    It says it should be in the math setup, but i dont find out how.
  19. caiubbo84

caiubbo84 Member

Balance:
    240Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi Menix

so if i understand you use the automatic calibration function in xsim, i think that when you press start, your simulator go to the center position,i never used this function to prevent damages! the method i use is move manualy the sim to max setup maxpsition, move min and setupmin move manualy to the center, this for all axis and than press start, and if the center is not accurate adjuste the pot!

i hope to be helpfull...

Regards...
  20. laymarco

laymarco New Member

Balance:
    - 16Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ciao a tutti sono nuovo, faccio i complomenti a tutti voi per le vostre capacità, vorrei costruire un sistema di movimento per il mio simulatore di F1, ho una scocca in vetroresina che riproduce un cockpit di una ferrari, vorrei inserire una piattaforma per far muovere il tutto ma non ho idea su come fare vorrei che qualche anima pia mi dicesse cosa serve come software e hardware per realizzare il tutto.
    tenete presente che non ci capisco una mazza di eletronica ma per mia fortuna ho un mio amico che è un genio quindi mi farò aiutare da lui.
    fatemi sapere se qualche persona può inviare o farmi sapere se c'è un tutorial passo passo per sapere da che parte partire.

Un mio amico possiede una postazione con il d-box (quello con 4 pistoni), io vorrei una cosa simile (naturamente senza spendere i 14.ooo€ spesi da lui!!!!).

Grazie a tutti