1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Jugle's Flightsim

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Jugle, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Jugle

Jugle New Member

Bored Witless
    Balance:
    43Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    Hi all,

Time to document what I've done, in the hope that some here benefit from what I have learned from many others here.

The project was built some years ago as a standard weight-shift Joyrider and served it's purpose well, including preparing me for renewing my licence a few years ago. But, I became frustrated with my strained left forearm, so embarked on motorising the beast.

As the photos will show, I have used DC gear motors with sprockets and chains, mounting lever arms on the large sprockets, driving pushrods connected to the joyrider frame. JRKs control the motors, power supplies are 40 amp Chinese eBay specials.

You will also see my homebuilt throtlle and rudder pedals in the photos.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  2. Archie

Archie Eternal tinkerer

Balance:
    3,795Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,379 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Nice! I like the server rails as rudder pedals (or drawer slides?) I am actually building some up myself, so good to see I'm not alone in that thinking.

Good work :)
  3. Jugle

Jugle New Member

Bored Witless
    Balance:
    43Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    Yep, filing cabinet drawer runners.
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. GIB SimRacing

GIB SimRacing Active Member

Balance:
    983Coins
    Ratings:
    +246 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    The ingenuity of some people amazes me. So simple, yet so effective. Good work!
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. hunijjang

hunijjang She is my wife :) Gold Contributor

Operator
    Balance:
    1,214Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Hello, Jugle.

Thanks a lot. :)

What I can say? ;)
    That is so amazing. :thumbs