1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

G-SEAT with K8055 - WIP

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by sim tours racing, Jun 19, 2011.

1. sim tours racing

sim tours racing New Member

Balance:
    308Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hello everyone,

for quite some time I look through this forum and I decided to make my simulator :hi:
    The problem is that I'm in an apartment, so I needed a compact solution.
    So I went on the solution of G-seat simulators used in the military.

Here is a model that I was inspired

Here is a free license which I served as an example to make my simulator

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The base of the cockpit is a personal racebase manufacturing. The movements are transmitted by four independent palettes which gives a semblance of 3DOF. The pallets are actuated by MEG's
    The software used is X-Sim.
    The tests were started but stopped with the destruction of my H-bridge (based on the model of Thanos) after having plugged a 12V 30A power supply (PSU PC with no problems, surely a track that should be limit and that scorched with the power of the new power supply.
    This first session was inconclusive for the effects of lateral force and up / down (axis to feel the bumps). I performed tests with different people of different weights, which allowed me to validate the size of the pallets and the position of the engines.

FIRST TEST

First test with only the base of the G-Seat. I performed this test under DIRT3 and increased the intensity of effects to show the effects more easily on video

VARIABLE SPEED

thanks to bigtalltim

it works with dynamic speed control of X-sim. Its cost is very low (- € 20 for 2 engines) and is accessible to everyone if you use a plate test.
    It is based MJ11016 NPN transistor, relay 12V 20A 2 Pole and 1N4001 diode according to the scheme

http://www.x-simulator.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2795

Order K8055 card, a digital output for the rotation, signal PWM for speed. The tests with the prototype are very successful, I can have a large speed range and is simple to do.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BASE OF G-SEAT

Components of the base

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The base

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Assembled

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Changes made on the basis
    I moved the motors for greater efficiency
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Potentiometers

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Cylinders in pallets

I added an actuator to close the doors (type of groom) bought in the corner of Beaver in the pallets. The advantages of the cylinder is more accurately the value of the potentiometer and the motor is largely relieved (the cylinder is rated for gates 25 kg).

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

A short video makes it clear that the efficiency of the pallet cylinder to the left of the screen that is equipped. No movement rebounds as the palette on the right.

The cockpit

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Didier
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2013
  2. sterex

sterex New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have seen these videos a couple of times a long time ago. Keep it up and keep us posted. I m very interested to find out how it feels in such a set up, particularly with the weight of an adult on it. If it succeeds and giving you the right feel when driving, then you have a winner, since its going to be one of the compact unit so far. I wish you all the best.

Cheers!! :)
  3. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,390Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Looks interersting mate shouldnt be too hard to sort out in a profile just a bit more involved.
    Just beware of the pinch factor, would not like to get chewed on by that machine, could even break a finger or two if the hand was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Frex system much simpler just two wipers to worry about. But Im still keen to see it all work. Keep it mate. Will back from time to time.
  4. sim tours racing

Balance:
    308Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    news photos in first post.
  5. bigtalltim

bigtalltim New Member

Balance:
    361Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    excellent work! :cheers:

I really like this approach for its super compact design!

Tim
  6. sim tours racing

Balance:
    308Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hi,

news photos and videos in first post.

Regards.
  7. SimPotato

SimPotato Member

Designer
    Balance:
    479Coins
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hi,
    I saw your post when I was starting working on mine.
    Hinge placement foam contour and density is the key.
    You have to build it strong like a mountain bike, the forces are high on the wiper arm bracket specially on the bottom flaps.
    Check mine out and see if you like it.

Do you have a video of the your finished project?
  8. mariano68

mariano68 Active Member

builder contractor
    Balance:
    3,338Coins
    Ratings:
    +395 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino, 4DOF
    Jul 14, 2011
    I hope you get an answer from him, but it would be :eek: