1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Frex motion simulator or simxperience simulator ?

Discussion in 'Marketspace - Marktplatz' started by Tripode, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Tripode

Tripode New Member

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all, first apologize for my English, I prefer to translate it with google translator and second that I am new to this forum, I have seen here a lot and I understand would like your help in my purchase. :)

I have intention to buy a simulator with motion and I'm hesitating between Frex and simxperience, mostly because I also want to buy the simwheel and hidrobrake of Frexes, would then have to convince a lot in performance and price the simxperience but I love the add-on traction loss but not if it works well, what more the game is to rfactor and one time or another to iRacing, but I think I'll have to play more to the latter ...

In short thank you very much for your help and I am not mistaken in the buys.

For what it's worth I have the steering wheel from Fanatec Porsche GT3 RS with clubsport pedals.

Thank you very much everybody.
  2. CXCSimulations

CXCSimulations Member

Balance:
    - 9Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would avoid Frex Hardware.

For the price class you are talking about, my suggestion would be this instead:

SimXperience Motion System
    ECCI 7000 Force Feedback Wheel
    CST Pedals

This will not only be a much more realistic setup, but you will get much better support from these companies.

Good luck!
  3. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    where are you from? Are you based in America? Because if you are stick to simxperience. If you are in England, what I did was buy a NIXIM Simulator then do D.I.Y using help from this website and add the actuators to the simulator. If you are in China then buy Frex :) maybe better for you.
  4. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    You could even use SimXperience with the benefit of being able to use X-Sim for enhanced simulation effects for the motion part, and use a Frex wheel and brake or whatever manufacturer additionally.
  5. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    But I must say mine was 50% D.I.Y (make your own) and it felt amazing . Imagine the people who made it them self 100%. They must have got really happy when they finished it. You get a different feeling.
  6. Tripode

Tripode New Member

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much guys, I live in Spain and I like the simulation of Xperience but I also really like the steering wheel and Frex pedals, the problem is that if I have to ask me out separately all very expensive, I said that if I asked all to me salia Frex cheaper, but try talking to the guys simxperience to pass me the final price, because maybe if I ask the simxperience appropriate price and within a couple of months asking the pedals and the steering wheel Frex.

CXCSimulations Moreover, thanks for the info but I looked at the CST pedals and are very similar to the clubsport pedals that I have and I like the Frex simwheel, but simply a matter of taste.

By the way any of you have tested the traction Loss addon? I feel real?

Fahim thank you for your interest in helping me, but I am capable of doing DIY.

Thank you very much again.

A greeting. :yes:
  7. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My personal opinion:

Why I would NOT buy FREX:
    - I heard bad stories about their customer service.
    - Unreliable implementation of software and electronics.
    - Poor geometry that is stressing the actuators more than needed.
    - Making the same frame would probably cost less and I could support local businesses in my own country.
    - Lack of motion profiles, it is a one size fit all motion -> for those who only care if the seat moves or not, not for the serious drivers.

Why I would buy from SimXperience:
    - It is based on X-SIM.
    - Best customer support, and support from the X-Sim community.
    - There are multiple options for different Stages. You can decide how much you build, and how much you buy.
    - Optimized geometry for the best motion quality for all simulator Stages.
    - Reliable, easy to use software package and electronics.
    - A great selection of motion profiles that is continually growing as anyone can make them and share with the community.

If you have the capability of building your own frame, you can just get the actuators, save some money and get building! You can always buy wheels, pedals, shifters, seats separately as you go.
  8. Tripode

Tripode New Member

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your help, my problem is I live in Spain and am very interested in buying the simwheel and hydrobrake of Frexes, then I wondered if it was worth to pay 500 € from shipping from Japan and 500 from USA, should ask for everything to Japan can be converted to xsim right?
    My question is very specific: if you convert the x-sim simconmotion in there much difference between them?

I think the reason I would be worth it for the rear traction loss but pay 2000 € of difference just for that I consider excessive.

Let's see if I get a good deal of the lords of simxperience and will have no hesitation in purchasing.

Thank you very much again to everyone.
  9. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    This is interesting. How do you arrive at this total? Now matter how I add up the required parts from Frex, it is always more expensive and less functionaly capable. Please show us your item by item math with shipping.
  10. Tripode

Tripode New Member

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I leave this example:

SIMXPERIENCE

SimXperience Stage II = € 2996.42 + shipping (approx € 500)
    SimXperience Stage III = € 3866.56 + shipping (approx € 500)

Frex

This material I have to buy Frex because you do not have anyone else:

WheelADAPTER € 117.66
    WheelBOX + € 64.50
    € 1,551.38 SimWHEEL
    € 1,246.34 Sim3PEDAL

SimConMOTION + BASE + Damper + September ACadapter € 1,950.56
    Cockpit FrexGP € 312.02

Sending everything is 500 €

So if you ask the simxperience and steering wheel and pedals to Frex I have to pay € 500 + 500 shipping

For this reason and for the 800 € difference between stage II and simxperience simconmotion + the 500 are 1300 € plus shipping.

I have much interest in buying the stage III but for that I would need to adjust the price a little and so we would ask separately.
  11. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Interesting comparison, although it's nowhere near apples to apples.

You're comparing the price of an alum 2DOF 100mm SCN5 system with no front end, no shifter mount, no adjustable pedal tray, no monitor mount location and no ability to be expanded to a 3DOF, 4DOF or 6DOF system with the price of a rugged powder coated steel system that has three 150mm actuators and all of the items mentioned above that are missing from the Frex.

Perhaps you misunderstand the purpose of the Stage Series? This simulator is designed to help people with a small budget get started at $1999 USD and scale their way up (as their budget permits) to a full 6DOF + 2DOF simulator. It's primary purpose is to provide a far superior simulation than the lower quality systems like Frex.

In terms of actual vehicles, you're comparing a Corvette to a Honda Civic. If budget is your only concern and you don't have any desire for quality customizable motion or motion beyond a 2DOF 100mm, then perhaps you are meant to be a Civic owner.

Begging GM to give you a better price on a Corvette because the Civic has four wheels and a dashboard too probably isn't going to get you anywhere :)
  12. Tripode

Tripode New Member

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you do not know what living in Spain and having to pay 500 € for postage every time an order is placed, on the other hand is no budget, but for obvious reasons, thank God I have budget to buy in Spain for example, aluminum is more expensive than iron and the price that I have spent is with front-end.
    I do not ask to be sold at the same price but unfortunately you do not have a steering wheel and pedals Frex-like and it's just a matter of shipping.

To give you an idea I also I have a company and when any customer is going to buy a product from 4000 € if I have to adjust the price to not go to the competition I will always respect margins.

But I understand his position to defend your product but I think you do not understand mine not to pay the shipping doubled.

As I said I am willing to buy the stage III or IV but seeing the treatment that is giving me, all I wanted is to find a balance.

No doubt the quality of their product
  13. Tripode

Tripode New Member

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to ask a few questions:

- Can be mounted inverted pedals?
    - The seat and is adjustable to zoom over the wheel and pedals.
    - The rear traction is compatible with all games?
    - The simulator has to hold the steering wheel and pedals Frex?
    - He has support for 3 screens?

Thanks again.
  14. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Tripode:

The cost of the shipping price is out of control of any company. Haggling the price based on the combined/not combined shipping price of a competing company is just non-sense.

Have you tried asking Frex for a discounted shipping price for wheel + pedals only? €500 seem unreasonably high.
  15. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Pre-Sales Questions about commercial products should be asked at the manufacturers website. In this case, you can use the Pre-Sales support forum here: http://www.simxperience.com/Support/For ... fault.aspx

The overview page for the Stage Series is here: http://simxperience.com/Products/Simula ... fault.aspx

Details about each model can be found by clicking the appropriate link on that page.

Once more, I'm sorry, but there is no discount available to help offset the fact that you want some products from Japan and some products from the US. I told you this via email before you made this post here. Did you think that posting the question publically would somehow change the response that you already received by email?

Perhaps Frex would be willing to discount your shipping to help offset the fact that you are buying some SimXperience products?
  16. Tripode

Tripode New Member

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sorry but you're right I'll send it privately.
  17. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    From deleted post:
    If you want an overpriced toy simulator chair, buy Frex.

If you want a real simulator chair that is reliable, has great support, and has real performance, DON'T buy Frex.

I would definitely pay more for the quality, and the option to upgrade later. And did I mention the support from the manufacturer and the X-Sim forums?
  18. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I have the rear traction loss Stage IV and it works with Rfactor, iRacing, Code Masters Dirt2, F1 2010 and GRID.
  19. Henning Piez

Henning Piez Member

Balance:
    17Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

if the shipping of the heavy goods is too expensive from the US, then only order the Starter Kit for cheaper shipping fees, and build the rig your self from Alloy bought in Spain / Europe. So did I:
    [​IMG]
  20. Muzza

Muzza New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    To the OP,

From the reviews and what Ive read the ECCI Trackstar 7000 Force Feedback Wheel is better than the Frex Wheel. Not to mention the ease of puchase, support etc.

Check out this vid to see what the guys at Insidesimracing.com think of the two wheels. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MCkTiFtKOo