1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

New Member with rock n ride

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by Dello, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Dello

Dello New Member

Balance:
    90Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi, my Name is Gerd
    I´m a 59 year old flight Enthusiast ,
    So, start with sailplane followed by flight Simulation since 30 years
    I own one of the first rock n rides and last week after a long time I reactivated the chair connected by a Serial cable on Com 2 to my Win 7 64 bit and Prepar 3 d V3
    With the original Software "Motion plus" for FX I got the chair to move as in the old days. But with the same rough behaviour, sometimes.
    But i also like to get my x-plane 10 to work with the rock n ride and I got no successs. All important Settings were done in the x-plane like dataRefOut and IP for Data Output 127.0.0.1 at 4123 but got no success.
    Than i google´d and found your sim tool engine and Manager. So I decided to invest 39 € to get a nice smooth Connection to my rock n ride chair.
    I installed your program and followed the manual. I installed the plug ins and started the games X-plane and later P3D. All worked fine in the simulator and the data were send to the sim Tools game engine. This i checked by the game engine sim tool Tuning Center and saw the different Game Data Input figures.
    BUT , I did not get my chair to move, the valves and ventiles did not react.
    So I Need some help for this last step to enjoy your program
    I simply did not know what i need to insert in the Axis Assign
    What did i insert for:
    Axis 1 DOF 1 DOF 2
    Axis 2 DOF 1 DOF 2
    and further??
    (under load a preset i see an Option for Rock n ride --> should i take this??
    For the Interface Settings i also did not find relevant answers in the Forum of the xsimulator
    So I tried several Setups for Serial with Com 2, 9600 bit per second, 8 Data Bits, Parity None, Stop bits 1
    But i have no Idea for the right figures for:
    - Output Bit Range
    - Startup Output
    - Interface Output
    - Shutdown Output
    I hope that I can get some help from the experts in the Forum
    Thank´s in advance!
    Gerd
    • Like Like x 1
  2. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Not sure if the old controller will work, most converted them over to K8055 boards for use in the old software.
    Im currently in development to bring this back to life for another member and now with someone else wanting to run his old Rock N' Ride with Simtools I better pull my finger out and polish it up for open testing.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Dello

Dello New Member

Balance:
    90Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi,
    no please, stay in and provide your know how - which I guess is more deeper as my own, to bring back these old RnR ' to work and move with sim tools
    In regard to the K8055 boards Vellemann" etc I did not know how I can converted them with the original interface, and I searching for a solution to use them with new software to get more accurate smooth movements.
    My RNR it's connected with the serial cable but inside the PC it's converted to USB
    not easy to explain..., so th'x for your help in advance