1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Gran Turismo 6 on PS3

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by diysim.com, Aug 4, 2015.

1. diysim.com

diysim.com New Member

Balance:
    364Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN6, Motion platform, 4DOF
    The integration is done...! It's pretty damn awesome running 5DOF motion on 3 Screens on the PS3 and Gran Turismo 6.

Now we're working on getting the license agreement for the 4!
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  2. SilentChill

SilentChill Problem Maker

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,399Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    PS3 ?? lol
  3. diysim.com

diysim.com New Member

Balance:
    364Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Yep, PS3, not all the wheels and pedals are compatible with PS4 at this time. It's only our 61st software integration into our motion control software.
  4. SilentChill

SilentChill Problem Maker

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,399Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    60 games ! I'm well jell
  5. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,574Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    Wow, 61 titles now for CraftCom software. That great! It will only cost me $200 for craftcom and then $20 each x 61 titles = $1220 so that’s only $1420 total. What a deal! Not really! Simtools supports more titles and for free for DIY so what makes your software worth $1420 more than simtools? Oh, wait! Only $500 dollars if you pay for everything up front. Still basically same question though, as a company that caters to DIY, what features does craftcom software have over simtools that makes paying $500 dollars for it a good purchase?
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. BlazinH

Balance:
    16,574Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    For those of you like me that didn’t know what silentchill meant by his UK slang, he is saying he is “very jealous”. :grin
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. diysim.com

diysim.com New Member

Balance:
    364Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    BlazinH - you're absolutely correct, we're not the least expensive, but we're also not a community of collaborators, we're a company with unlimited direct support and a lot of technology and experience behind us.

Most people aren't going to use all 60+. But for our customers, a motion system gets them the unlimited license with all current and future integrations as well as the support they want and hope for.

We've taken all the guesswork out of the equation. All the mechanics, engineering, and design has already been done. We know we're not for everyone. But for those that want to take the amount of time implementing something that they pray and hope will work, they can get a solution that's already proven that does. That's what draws our customers to us.
  8. BlazinH

Balance:
    16,574Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    My bad! I thought the diy in diysim.com was an acronym for do it yourself but I see now I was incorrect! Maybe a better name would be aiysim instead for assemble it yourself.

Obviously you have not spent much time on this site or you would know that simtools and the hardware solutions with available code for them you can get here are proven also!

Thanks anyway!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. diysim.com

diysim.com New Member

Balance:
    364Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I wasn't actually referring to SimTools, it looks like there's nice features and functionality. I was actually referring to someone attempting to design a rig with motion and hoping it works properly, in the manner they hoped it would.
  10. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,965 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Moved to commercial section
  11. BlazinH

Balance:
    16,574Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    Okay then, maybe you can help some people with this. Several members here are working on adding heave to their simulators and I’m sure many more would like to have heave too. You mentioned in a different thread that, “In no real life situation does a seat move”. While, neither in a real life situation does a vehicles chassis not heave! You need heave to properly simulate vertical g’s induced by a roads surface or by flight conditions. What solution does your company supply to accomplish heaving that is proven and works properly?
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  12. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was about to say...but youve done that already.....
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. diysim.com

diysim.com New Member

Balance:
    364Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Direct answer: Don't have a firm solution yet.

There's a very expensive way to do it, but it requires lifting a mass with a huge motor. The way our flagship units are designed, it's not worth the cost to implement it, so we're going about it a different way, which is still being tested.

The biggest confusion in the feel of it...is the sustainability of the heave, especially in a flight situation, where the sensation stops at the limit of the stroke on the actuator. Our software side is done for heave, and we know that works. We have more design and engineering work to do on a different method of implementation than just dead lifting weight.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Boomslangnz

Boomslangnz Active Member SimAxe Beta Tester Gold Contributor

Balance:
    4,163Coins
    Ratings:
    +243 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Don't mind the haters mate, nothing wrong with a commercial solution for those who prefer it and could afford it. I'm not too sure why some fellas seem hell bent on defending DIY motion and attacking anyone who even brings up anything remotely commercial. Hope the GT6 is awesome with motion as it's a fun game and it's a shame we can't have that with simtools