1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Seat Movers...Any insight is welcome...

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by diysim.com, Aug 5, 2015.

1. diysim.com

diysim.com New Member

Balance:
    364Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN6, Motion platform, 4DOF
    As I've been browsing around and taking a look at some of the designs on here...which some of them are quite impressive, I might add...

I'm curious. For those of you that are building seat movers, why did you decide to go in that direction? Was it price, was it convenience based on your existing rig, or something else?

In no real life situation does a seat move. The visuals, controls, and cockpits all move in unison. I would think that would give me motion sickness if I couldn't recreate what was happening in real life. Does that happen to some people?

How does the banking at Daytona look in one of those, when the banking is at 30+ degrees? Seems like it would probably throw me off and it wouldn't feel right.

Any thoughts are welcome!
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. Alexey

Alexey Well-Known Member

Electronics Technician
    Balance:
    8,060Coins
    Ratings:
    +620 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    For me I chose a seat mover to simulate forces on the body during acceleration, braking and the induced roll and sway when entering a corner or going over a ripple strip. I only use a tiny percentage of roll and no pitch so my rig does not move due to road angles, just forces. In the future I plan on building another layer onto my rig where it also moves the whole rig. I will also have traction loss. So combining a seat mover and a full frame mover. The frame mover will simulate pitch and roll and the seat will simulate some of the driving forces.

My setup (still tuning, too much overall movement):

You are right about the seat not moving but what I am trying to simulate is the forces applied to the body. The main reason for seat movers is price (don't need as powerful motors thus cheaper) or for being compact and not taking up an entire room.
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You are commercial, I am reporting you and getting this thread deleted.
  4. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What the hell? you are already in business and you have the NERVE to ask for information?!?!?!
    @RaceRay , why is this happening? Hes commercial, get rid of him!
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Really shows you don't know what you are talking about sim, rofl. Commercial guys crack me up.
    Please remove site logo from avatar this is a breach of agreement to be posting on this site.
  6. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,840Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Moved! @diysim.com The section you were posting to is for presenting diy simulator, not for doing market analyzing polls to our user.
    Another non relevant thread by you in a wrong category and we have to ban you for a certain amount of time.

You have several options here:

- You bring added value to the community and you share insights into your technology, hard and software
    - You book advertising banner places
    - You just leave

Kind regards,
    René
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Alexey

Alexey Well-Known Member

Electronics Technician
    Balance:
    8,060Coins
    Ratings:
    +620 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Boy do I feel sheepish, I thought it was another DIY sim community but as it turns out its just another overpriced sim builder who wants his customers to do the building. I mean seriously $4000 for a 1 DOF system WITHOUT the god damn frame?? I mean the frame has what, a few hundred $$ in materials? pfft
    • Agree Agree x 3