1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Recommended replacement controller for K8055D/VM110 Using digital outputs?

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by Keroppi, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Keroppi

Keroppi New Member

Balance:
    - 129Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Motion platform, 4DOF
    I have been gone for a couple of years, my sims were in storage. I am ready to set them up again, and come back to find the confusing separation of the forums and the SimTools software.

I still have "that other software" set up...but am very much interested in how simple the SimTools looks. That "other" software was very confusing.

However, my working setup is an old pneumatic RnR chair, using the digital outputs of the Velleman, just like the picture attached.

I do realize that not many people use the switched digital outputs like this for pneumatics anymore. I see there is a SimTools plugin for that board, but only for the DAC pins for motor control, understandably.

I also see that there are many people using Arduinos and such for control now, but I don't know how to design sketches and the like...is there a cheap and easy drop-in replacement option for my setup already available?

Thanks in advance!!

Attached Files:

2. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    I built the K8055 app and can build code to run it.
    Just need detail on what you want it to actually do been a while since I had seen that run but we could bring new life to it.
  3. Keroppi

Keroppi New Member

Balance:
    - 129Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    That would be absolutely awesome!!!
    It basically pulses the corresponding valve(s) to move the cylinders at different speeds. Hopefully this explains, based on the photo attached above. (I am probably not the best to explain these things):

The pressure will be split into two separated valve input ports. Every valve is a “unpowered closed” valve which will not throughput any air if there is no power on the valve coil. If you will give valve 1 and 4 power, the compressor air will flow in the right cylinder chamber and the left chamber is opened. This will produce a movement of the cylinder piston to the left. If you are closing valve 1 and 4 again and open valve 2 and 3 the movement will be reversed. The airflow limiter on the outputs will control the movement speed for left or right.
    The softmotion/pulsemode idea with 4 valves per cylinder (realized for Rock’n’Ride)
    [​IMG]
    all valves are closed
    [​IMG]
    only right valve connected to compressor, air left will be compressed and a slow movement to left is generated
    [​IMG]

valve right closed, valve left opened, the air will move out very slow, because the new pressure is missing from the right side.
  4. Keroppi

Keroppi New Member

Balance:
    - 129Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    With the pulse mode function you are able to drive sequences of enabled valves. A simple explanation is if you like to add a second speed without a second pressure. You can simple switch the valve 10 ms on and 10 ms off which results in a slower motion. With this trick you are able to simulate a slower speed and add this speed for accurate movements that are not far away from the current actuator position. This solution only works with the 4 valve/actuator solution shown above.
    [​IMG]

(I don't know if a move and hold function is built into SimTools, I assume so, but would be needed):

The move and hold function will not always poll your simulator and waits for new ingame values. This is good for pneumatic systems. If the driver moves left or right the simulator will also move because air cylinder are very easy compress able. If the simulator moves, the software will normally move against this. This would be a endless moving. If a “move and hold” function is activated it will move the actuator to its end position and waits not for a new simulator feedback but for a new ingame value.
  5. Keroppi

Keroppi New Member

Balance:
    - 129Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Please let me know if that makes sense, I can try to provide more info if I am able.
  6. Keroppi

Keroppi New Member

Balance:
    - 129Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    earobbie, sent you a pm, still hoping this can be done! Many new games are supported by SimTools now that cannot run on the "other" program! I want to switch!
  7. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Ok sounds like a custom setup will need to be written as I have designed my code on pure DC motor control,
    Im a little busy at present but will have some free time over the weekend and Im sure I can write a test app to see if we can control the simulator with a slider control , from there linking it into SimTools is the easy bit.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1