1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

most stupid racing drivers are the professionals...

Discussion in 'Ready, set, go - Start your engines' started by Pit, May 25, 2015.

1. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,415Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Generally we expect that professional racers are better drivers than the "standard" drivers on track, but after looking at the video you will change your mind I think so :p

14:15 and later...

"You know you are behind a safety car..."
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Id like to see YOU do some real close racing . Granted the video maker is making a satirical point of things though.
  3. Pit

Balance:
    30,415Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    Why should I do any races? Probably you did not understand the message, if you are behind a safety car you have to use caution! It is always the same, we ignore the signs because we are impatient.
  4. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    *logs off before he does anything or says anything else*
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Alexey

Alexey Well-Known Member

Electronics Technician
    Balance:
    8,060Coins
    Ratings:
    +620 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Agreed on one of those blunders, I saw plenty of yellow flags yet those last few cars (WTCC) were obviously going too fast. But then again that's racing! If the car in front of you is going fast on yellow flag you must keep pace otherwise you'll fall behind and have to work harder to regain that space once the race commences. It almost seemed as though some of those drivers were trying to overtake on yellow? I thought yellow was same as safety car, no change in position.
    Admittedly some race drivers should have never set foot on a race track but unfortunately money talks. I'd love to get into racing but my pockets are not deep enough. Haven't quite got those winning numbers yet!
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Pit

Balance:
    30,415Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    @Alexey you are right yellow is same as safety car, no change in position. As you have mentioned racing is rather expensive indeed. Already track days need a lot of money due to the attrition and that is nothing in comparison with, only a fraction of the cost.
  7. Steven Miles

Steven Miles Member

Balance:
    381Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 8 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Real racers get just as angry as sim drivers too.
  8. Steven Miles

Steven Miles Member

Balance:
    381Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 8 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    ...and don't get me started on NASCAR drivers.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Rastus

Rastus Active Member

Retired
    Balance:
    11,518Coins
    Ratings:
    +151 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    What's this got to do with a simulator site???????????
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lohmeyer

Lohmeyer New Member

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    521Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Racing by it's nature causes a wide array of what might be considered stupid crashes or mistakes. At the pro level, often these guys think they know the rules and don't need to follow them, so they ignore or skip important safety rules. Not all of them, but a few are pretty bad offenders. I've seen many examples of pro racers pay for this through serious injury, and in some cases career ending crashes.

More often, however, amateur racers are worse. The pros know what they are doing for the most part where it matters, and it shows by just how often they don't crash in _close_ racing. But amateur racers make all manner of stupid mistakes because they don't know what they are doing. They push limits they aren't ready for and let the "red mist" take over trying to win a plastic trophy. I've seen 4 red flag restarts in a single class many times - the 600 Superbike class for example. We call them 600 SuperSquid.

It's racing. If you race, you will crash. And when it happens, it will usually be a surprise. You think you are doing everything right, and then BAM. Something totally unexpected happens.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. SeatTime

SeatTime Well-Known Member

Retired
    Balance:
    28,370Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,844 / 38 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform
    It's in the correct place 'Real World of Racing/Ready Set Go Start your Engines' Some of us do spend time on the track (not as much as I would like). Down at Sydney MotorSport Park in Sydney Australia, had a guy drive past me on a Red while we were all being directed into the pitso_O - he was totally oblivious to it all? Expensive - hell yes, it is why I built a simulator in the first place
    • Like Like x 1