1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Pololu Jrk 12v12

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by Frakk, Sep 29, 2010.

1. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Chumet1 , finished what?
  2. Chetan

Chetan New Member

Balance:
    27Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Hello Guys...

I am Chetan, and right now I am building a 2 DOF racing motion seat simulator. And I am using X-sim software, JRK 12 v 12 Pololu microcontrollers and potentiometer for the feedback.
    And I did all the necessary connections and configurations according to the links on the website...
    Pololu and X-sim quick guide...

But now I am facing few problems...
    1) Even though I am getting the input values in the X-sim converter, the motors are not moving according to these virtual values.
    The motors move only if I slightly rotate the potentiometer, and stop as soon as I stop rotating the potentiometer.
    2) And sometimes they keep vibrating at the target value (given in Jrk configuration utility), and after 20 to 25 seconds, the motor stops because of the error "Motor drive error". Intially I thought this might be because of over heating, so I used a fan. But still the error exists.
    I am stuck and don't know what to do ahead, So guys please help me out.
    I will even upload a pic so that you guys get an idea...

Attached Files:

3. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Well-Known Member

Owner/Operator- Moxleys Rantals
    Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    This isn't X- sim.de Country. This is Xsimulator.net and Simtools Territory.

This is where you need to go.. The Other Guys.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Chetan

Chetan New Member

Balance:
    27Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Hi Nick,

I am actually not from Germany....So I don't know German language....so if you know the solution please help me out.
    It shouldn't matter if I am from Germany or any other part....at the end of the day we are from science and just want to help each other out...:)
  5. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,495Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,319 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    Just use the Simtools program instead of x-sim. We here discuss about simulators and Simtools. If you want to discuss x-sim, the other forum is more adequate.
    Welcome anyway ;)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. shannonb1

shannonb1 Well-Known Member

Sales Intelligence
    Balance:
    8,909Coins
    Ratings:
    +598 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, AC motor, Arduino, JRK, 4DOF
    Doesnt matter where you are, youre using the wrong software.
    • Funny Funny x 1