1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FOV (field-of-view) in current game titles

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by egoexpress, Feb 7, 2011.

1. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Does anyone know the FOV of one (or more) of the following game titles?

iRacing
    SimBin GTR series
    rFactor
    CM F1 2010
    CM Dirt series
    NFS Shift

And as well if the FOV is somehow (via cfg file e.g.) tweakable and up to which degree?

regards
  2. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    iRacing has a buit in FOV calculator that will give you the correct FOV for single and multi monitor setups.

For NFS, CM F1 and DIRT you need to edit camera files for each car in order to get the correct FOV.

Simbin and rFactor have FOV settings within game that can be adjusted. These settings will vary based on single or triple screen size, angle and distance from the driver.

There are multiple variables that need to be used to determine the correct FOV so I don't think we can post a specific FOV for each game if that's what you are asking for.
  3. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Ok, that is better than I expected.
    And do those games allow 180° horizontal FOV or more as well?
    Somehow I have in mind, that some games, though allowing to increase the FOV, dont allow 180° or more.

regards
  4. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I have been gathering up the default and max FOV values for various games for the FOV Sim Command plugins of the new Commander software. When I complete the list I'll post it here.
  5. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I know that 179 deg is the max in iRacing. I'm not sure what it is in the other games but I doubt that it's more than 180.
  6. carloscasas

carloscasas Member

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +79 / 5 / -0
  7. carloscasas

carloscasas Member

Balance:
    322Coins
    Ratings:
    +79 / 5 / -0