1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Display problems

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by poman, Oct 13, 2014.

1. poman

poman Active Member

Balance:
    154Coins
    Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Installed V1.2 yesterday after a long break, V1.0 has never worked properly and i quit trying many months ago since i didnt race much, but now i am getting odd things, followed the instructions to get it running and at the step of the game manager, it doesnt display the bottom pat where you need to patch the game, tried with keyboard in blind mode, was able to get the path of the EXE, but wasnt able to get it to patch, i also have some overlay in the game engine screen, less problematic but i wonder what is wrong, i have windows 7 64 bits , nvidia card, GTX 650 TI with updated driver yesterday, it was 337.88 and now is 344.11, please help :) check the attached screenshot tks a lot
    simtools.png
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    change your icon size to 100%
    display.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. poman

poman Active Member

Balance:
    154Coins
    Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Humm, could have done the trick, but no luck !!?? tks...anything else?
  4. insanegr

insanegr !N$@n€

Balance:
    16,715Coins
    Ratings:
    +498 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
  5. poman

poman Active Member

Balance:
    154Coins
    Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    @insane, tks, but that was the same answer as the first guy, and it is not working, tried it at 100% with no luck, but i have the same UI looks than this guy, distorded and missing part of it...darn !!
  6. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,913Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    What is your DPI set to?
  7. poman

poman Active Member

Balance:
    154Coins
    Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    @ Yobuddy, like i mentionned, it was set to medium size, tried to 100% like BSFT said, and it didnt worked !! tks anyway
  8. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,913Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    but what is your DPI setting?

Attached Files:

9. poman

poman Active Member

Balance:
    154Coins
    Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Hummm, i am a bit shamed of myself...when i said i tried the icons at 100% like BSFT said, i did it by rightclicking on the desk and changing icons to small, but i checked again the screenshot he took, and noticed that he was in the configuration panel....so went to check and to my amazement, it was set to 125%, so changed it , reboot and it worked...dam it, why windows have 2 places to set that and the effect is working only from one place ?????? guess this is windows's stupid way of working... anyway, problem solved tks to all and sorry for not knowing more about windows.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,913Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    No Worries, glad its solved!
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. poman

poman Active Member

Balance:
    154Coins
    Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    OK, previously to that problem, i followed step by step BSFT's set-up guide, so i patched the game, worked fine just like the tutorial says, then stsarted assetto corsa and still no ingame movement ?? the thing that bugs me is that in the game engine sorftware, i am able to make them move, both axis/motors , in the output testing page under axis , but in the DOF page, the only one i can get some small movement is the "surge" slider, please help me understand!! here is what i got as set-up...tks in advance again :)
    upload_2014-10-18_14-24-40.jpeg
    upload_2014-10-18_14-25-12.jpeg
    upload_2014-10-18_14-25-45.jpeg
    upload_2014-10-18_14-24-9.jpeg
  12. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,568Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    Have you made changes in the tuning center yet? Right click on the game engine icon in the taskbar and click on tuning center to open it.
  13. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yes @poman , have you looked at tuning centre numbers and changed them?
    Also you have got each force at 100%, in my suggested guide I set each force at 20%, not 100% , then I go to the tuning centre and if the direction of the motors is right, I spend time with tuning centre to get a good feel. Only after that , I go back to the original force and change the percentage of the force.
  14. poman

poman Active Member

Balance:
    154Coins
    Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Tks guys for answering. I understand that i will most probably need to fine tune all axis and not leave them at 100% like it is now, but wouldnt i be supposed to feel movement in the testing screen??? in the DOF one...because the axis screen works, i should also mention the when i loaded the game, at one point after loading i was able to feel a small movement like a repositionning of my seat, but nothing during driving, even if i go extreme like high speed crash, wonder if it could be normal...my point is that i believe i should feel something right from the start if all is configured properly...isnt it ? even if the forces are reversed or else... i would just like to know if my setting are somewhat right for a 2dof with 2 jrk12v wiper mounted in parallel in back of seat. tks so much again
    BTW anybody have some numbers for finetune for assetto corsa?
  15. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you will feel something, yes, just follow the steps I provided and set each force, test to see if the motors/sim moves the right way, work in the tuning centre and adjust numbers.
    Rinse repeat.
  16. eXntrc

eXntrc Member

Balance:
    636Coins
    Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    I have a fix for this that does not require you to change your DPI settings. Hopefully the SimTools devs can look at fixing this in the code, but I have a patch available for now. Please see this post for more info and to download.