1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

How dangerous is this?

Discussion in 'Electronic and hardware generally' started by Ferretfing, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Ferretfing

Ferretfing New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    This is the cable on a brand new SCN5 actuator supplied to me (modified) by a well known company - this is after approx. 20 secs use. How close to electrocution or fire do you reckon? Negligent?

[​IMG]

opinions please:eek:
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  2. scalhoun

scalhoun Active Member

Software Engineer
    Balance:
    968Coins
    Ratings:
    +136 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Wow... Time for a replacement. I had a 8 gauge cable get shorted like that once and caught fire pretty fast.
  3. Ferretfing

Ferretfing New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    This was a brand new item as well - shocking (literally :grin) - waiting for a reply from them.
  4. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,907Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    Really glad you caught it fast!
    I would surly replace it.
    Thanks for the pic!

yobuddy
  5. Ferretfing

Ferretfing New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    me too !:grin - any idea what they did wrong with the wiring?
  6. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,907Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    looks like a ground (short) problem to me, but it's really hard to tell from here.
    Are you using their electronics too?
    yobuddy
  7. Ferretfing

Ferretfing New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Everything is theirs yes, I was supplied with a control box originally which was dead on arrival & eventually received a replacement this morning (over 2 weeks later) - my other actuators from the same company seem to work fine so it's just something they've done wrong with this particular one.
  8. Ferretfing

Ferretfing New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    after 2 weeks waiting the reason given by the seller for this was - "It looked like the curcuit board was pulled from the motor and slammed back down bending all the pins and only half the connections made" . My translation....they f*cked up :)
  9. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Let me guess, it is Bernard....
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ferretfing

Ferretfing New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    It is Simxperience yes, a company I wish I'd never come in contact with - never known an attitude like theirs especially given the huge list of problems I've had on my first (& only) order......missing an actuator (took 14 days for them to send it afterwards as well), every metal part damaged, DOA electrics (SX3000) & then the melted cable when I finally got the electrics up & running.....MANY ignored emails, no forum access, & no real apology - they are control freaks & the worst company I've ever dealt with - what is the point of being in business & treating customers like that? I was going to buy other stuff from them originally but now wouldn't give them the clag from my arse.:mad:

I should have my replacement actuator from them on Tuesday - I think I'll stand back when I turn it on:eek: - by then it'll be well over 2 months this has been going on.

Next time I'll be going full DIY!:thumbs
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, Ive heard lots of stories like that about Bernard, its a wonder he is still in business, mind you, he has other financial backing. That and ISRTV heavily promotes his product.
    This is only one of the reasons Bernard is loosing business and customers. its a shame again someone has been burnt by him. Id suggest complaining but as you found , its getting no where.
    Just hopefully get a replacement and be done with it, use Simtools and save towards JRKS and big DC motors
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Well-Known Member

Owner/Operator- Moxleys Rantals
    Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Ferret, you have posted this on ISR correct ?
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Ferretfing

Ferretfing New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I've only mentioned it briefly on the Assetto Corsa forum - in fact on a thread of yours on there & I'd mentioned it in another thread (& posted the melted wire pics) & you'd replied to it - my username is DeM69 on the AC forum. I will do a review of it all when it's all over & I'll post it everywhere with all info & pics etc.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  14. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lets get it VIRAL!!!!
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Ferretfing

Ferretfing New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    :grin
    I warned them quite early on that bad news travels quickly these days, they obviously don't give a sh*t as they've got progressively worse......latest kick in the balls was a bill from FedEx for VAT a couple of days ago for the replacement SX3000 that I'd already paid VAT on in the original order, package wasn't marked as a replacement by Simxperience so liable for VAT - I told them & they weren't exactly apologetic or admitting their failure (AGAIN). I should be able to sort that though as it's easy to prove I paid the VAT originally....still a hassle I don't need.
  16. Nick Moxley

Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Imo Ferret, This needs to be PLASTERED all Over the internet, EVERY Sim forum there is, Racedepartment, ISRTV, GTPLANET, you name it, IT should be posted. GUys need to know what type of crook bernie is and these kinds of situation's are the perfect example.

There's another fellow on ISRTV right now that is dealing with the same type's of headaches from these goof balls...Supposedly he's paid up (3k) and has been waiting 3+ weeks for answer's and or a shipment and he's still getting the run around. This is the Worst kinda customer service there is and it NEEDS TO be exposed.
  17. Nick Moxley

Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
  18. Nick Moxley

Balance:
    17,054Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,504 / 30 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
  19. Ferretfing

Ferretfing New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I'll wait for it to be finally sorted & then do a big post everywhere with full & accurate details for everyone to chew on & make their own mind up - they won't be getting away with how I've been treated don't worry:cheers
  20. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    interesting as I left ISRTV for the reason that most of them are just plain noobs and ignorance is high. There has been complaints in the past about Simx stuff, but because Darin is being paid to promote his product, he obviously endorses it, and somehow makes it all better there. Id would expect several people to chime in on the thread if you create it saying how "good" simx is. And how its a "genuine" mistake of YOUR behalf, not Bernards.
    All Darin says is that he would prefer to promote a product thats all of the shelf, plug and almost pay and has back up and warranty.
    Well most if us can see that doesnt happen.
    Darin had tried to keep me quiet to the extent of moderating an further posts I put up. So despite me originally politely saying thay DIY motion should have a place there, I have been written off on several occasions.
    I stated to them that ISRTV is not a DIY site , its a "we would you rather use our sponsors product and we will bag DIY" site.
    • Agree Agree x 1