1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FSX Flight Simulator 2DOF

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by macazaga, Sep 19, 2014.

1. macazaga

macazaga New Member

Balance:
    16Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, Arduino, Joyrider, Motion platform
    Hi

I'm new here, my name is Rodrigo and im from Mexico City and a big fan of airplanes.
    Im trying to build my own 2DOF flight simulator and i've now arduino card moving two servos to pitch and roll. Im building the acesim.com sim structure and i would like to know how can i make the big thing,

what kind of motors should i use? (i think i need the moster card)
    i saw in other tutorials that linear actuators can be used also but i dont know what type of should i get.

In this project that Dominick Lee made he uses 2 pneumatic sticks and i would like to replace them with motors to be more easy and cheaper.

Sorry if my english isnt so good.

Thanks for the help in advance!
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    because its a balanced frame, a good 12v motor , like a dayton 200 watt with 50:1, 60:1 gearbox and a lever of 60-80mm CTC will successfully move it well. Just put the motor on each leverage point of axis, like on the corner of the roll frame, and at the back about head height connection of the pitch frame
    Something like this motor http://www.ebay.ca/itm/GEAR-MOTOR-1...rg=20140620075055&rk=2&rkt=10&sd=370915744975
    You could build your own actuators and use 12v motors instead of 24v
    Plans can be bought here http://bffsimulation.com/linear-act.php

Cheers, David.
  3. Mazhar Salam

Mazhar Salam Member

Balance:
    907Coins
    Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Monster Moto card unlike its name is the weakest of all, avoid it if you can. If you are a first time Sim builder, then using actuators is also not a good idea as it will fail very quickly (if its not installed properly) and is also expensive. You should start with reading through racingmat 2dof in the finished project gallery
  4. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    or buy 2 JRKS instead.
  5. macazaga

macazaga New Member

Balance:
    16Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, Arduino, Joyrider, Motion platform
    Thank you both. I dont know what to do then. Sorry but i dont know that is a JRK.

Mazhar do you have the link? 2dof finished project? i cant find it.

Thank you again!