1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

piccoli sim crescono: da 2dof a....6 dof small sim grow: by 2dof to ....6 dof

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by billo2404, Aug 12, 2014.

1. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Visto che non ho fretta ho cominciato a fare qualche schizzo di quello che vorrei realizzare e vorrei una progettazione perfetta per non avere problemi dopo.
    Questo è il primo disegno e vorrei utilizzare attuatori DIY.
    refgfgbfgbf.PNG

ghfh.PNG
    Ho un paio di dubbi da risolvere ma sarò sintetico e comincierò con il primo:
    Come incide la distanza degli attacchi degli attuatori nel risultato finale del simulatore?
    Come si vede nel disegno io li ho messi molto vicini (6 cm centro centro) ma vedo che c'è anche chi li fa molto lontani.
    hgf.PNG
    Qual'è la diffrenza fra i due sistemi?
    C'è qualche errore evidente di progettazione?

Since I have no hurry I began to do some sketches of what I want to accomplish and I would like a perfect design not to have problems later.
    This is the first design and would like to use DIY actuators.
    refgfgbfgbf.PNG

ghfh.PNG
    I have a couple of questions to be solved but I'll be concise and begin with the first:
    How does the distance of the attacks of the actuators in the final result of the Simulator?
    As you can see in the drawing I I put them very close (6 cm Center Center) but I see that there are also those who makes them very far.
    hgf.PNG
    What is the difference between the two systems?
    Is there any obvious design error?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. riton

riton Active Member

Balance:
    1,006Coins
    Ratings:
    +103 / 3 / -0
    i don't see any difference...
    where is the difference?
  3. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Non intendevo in questa pagina, intendevo differenza con altri progetti visti anche qui sul forum che usano distanze anche di 20 o 30 cm.
    queste sono 3 viste del mio progetto
    Purtroppo con il traduttore a volte si capisce molto poco, mi dispiace :(

I did not want in this page, I meant the difference with other projects seen here on the forums that use distances even 20 or 30 cm.
    These are 3 of my project views
    Unfortunately with the translator sometimes you understand very little, sorry :(
  4. SilentChill

SilentChill Problem Maker

Railway Maintenance
    Balance:
    20,396Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,480 / 34 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    As long as your COG is the same for both designs it should pretty much good to change from 2dof to 6dof , but I'm far from any kind of expert :D
  5. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    infatti come puoi vedere ho mantenuto il COG dove era prima anche se questo mi porta ad un ingombro maggiore.
    oltretutto avere gli attacchi più alti del COG (guardando lateralmente) dovrebbe incidere positivamente sul lavoro dei motori.
    I vantaggi dovrebbero essere minori rispetto ad un sistema con giunto cardanico ma comunque dovrebbero esserci.
    Un altro dubbio che ho è uale sia il miglior angolo rispetto alla base per far lavorare gli attuatori.
    Aspettiamo gli esperti ;)

as you can see I kept the COG where it was before even if this brings me to a greater footprint.
    also have the highest COG attacks (looking sideways) should affect positively on the work of engines.
    The benefits would be minor compared to a system with cardan joint, but there should be.
    Another question I have is is the best angle at the base to operate our actuators.
    Expect the experts ;)
  6. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    in attesa di pareri proseguo nel progetto.
    Ho applicato gli attuatori che poi spiegherò con calma nel dettaglio e volevo chiedere come è meglio posizionarli.
    Ho provato 2 soluzioni, ecco qualche disegno
    innanzitutto volevo chiedere se quest' angolo di 55 gradi è giusto o è meglio cambiarlo e quanto incide sul risultato finale

waiting for opinions I will continue the project.
    I applied the actuators which then calmly explain in detail and I wanted to ask how best to position them.
    I tried solution 2, here are some
    first I wanted to ask if this corner of 55 degrees is right or is it better to change it and how much it affects the final result

Cattura4.PNG

poi ho qualche dubbio per l'inclinazione degli attuatori nell'altro senso:
    meglio a 90 gradi come qui

then I have some doubts for actuators tilt in the other direction: better at 90 degrees as here

Cattura1.PNG

Cattura.PNG

Cattura1.5.PNG

oppure inclinati come qui

or sloped like here

Cattura3.PNG

Cattura2.PNG

Cattura25.PNG

se sono meglio inclinati 8 gradi sono pochi o troppi???

If tilted 8 degrees better are few or many???
  7. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,390Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Feel they need to lean into the centre more. Not 100 % on how far thou. Sorry
  8. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    scusa ma non capisco cosa intendi, non è colpa tua ma il traduttore mi da una frase che in italiano non ha molto senso :confused::mad:
    capisco che vedi un problema ma non capisco quale.
    Se può essere utile posto qualche sim che mi ha ispirato il progetto, magari c'è qualche differenza che io non ho visto
    questo è molto simile solo che il mio front è il suo rear ma poco cambia

sorry but I don't understand what you mean, it's not your fault but the translator gives me a sentence in Italian does not make much sense:confused::mad:
    I understand that see a problem but I do not understand why.
    If it can be useful to place any sim that I inspired the project, maybe there is any difference that I didn't see
    this is very similar except that my front is its rear but little changes

e questo che dovrebbe avere più o meno lo stesso identico principio fisico del mio sim (sicuramente non la stessa potenza:grin)

and why should have roughly the same physical principle of my sim (definitely not the same power:grin)

c'è qualcosa che io non ho notato?o_O

There is something that I haven't noticed? o_O

P.S.: se ti riferisci al fatto che c'è poco spazio sulla parte anteriore è un problema che avevo visto e basta stringere la parte della struttura dove si trovano i pedali, non è un problema.
    inoltre vorrei far notare che la posizione in cui si trova il sim nel progetto è con gli attuatori tutti chiusi che avranno circa 35 cm di escursione

P.S.: If you're referring to the fact that there is little room on the front is a problem that I had seen and just tighten that part of the structure where there are pedals, is not a problem. I would also like to point out that the location where the sim card is in your project with all closed actuators that have about 35 cm of travel
  9. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,390Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    I think actuators need to lean and not be 90 degrees. Angle exactly not sure.
  10. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    anch'io di istinto penserei che mettendoli inclinati il sistema sia più stabile, la cosa strana è che guardando i video (quello del 6dof DIY in legno soprattutto) sembrano essere perfettamente a 90 gradi :roll...
    comunque grazie del consiglio :thumbs
    nel frattempo ho modificato un po' la parte anteriore per avere un po' più di spazio per il movimento laterale

also I would think instinct putting them tilted the system is more stable, the strange thing is that watching video footage (the DIY wooden 6dof especially) seem to be perfectly 90 degrees :roll ... anyway thanks for the advice :thumbs
    in the meantime I've modified slightly the front to have a bit more room for lateral movement

Cattura5.PNG

e questo è il risultato:
    con attuatori a 90gradi

and this is the result:
    with 90° actuators

Cattura7.PNG
    Cattura6.PNG

e con attuatori a 82 gradi

and with 82 degrees actuators
    Cattura8.PNG

Cattura9.PNG

credete che possa bastare lo spazio così?
    tutti daccordo per la soluzione con attuatori inclinati o qualcuno la pensa diversamente?

do you think that might suffice so space?
    all agree to the solution with inclined actuators or someone thinks differently?
  11. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Ho anche qualche altra idea in mente ma devo pensare bene, nel frattempo volevo valutare quale elettronica montare.
    Le possibilità che mi vengono in mente sono:

1 arduino uno + 3 motomonster?
    6 jrk?
    1 velleman k8061 +3 sabertooth?
    motori a 220v? (ma non so di preciso cosa serve)
    altro???
    voi cosa montereste considerando anche il prezzo?

I also have some other idea in mind but I have to think well, Meanwhile I wanted to evaluate which electronics fit.The possibilities that come to mind are:

1 arduino one + 3 motomonster?
    6 jrk?
    1 velleman k8061 +3 sabertooth?
    220v engines? (but I don't know exactly what is needed)
    other ???
    What would you use considering the price?
  12. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Termo Tecnico industriale
    Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, SimforceGT, 4DOF
    Se parliamo in termini economici

3 JRK trovate a 73,00 euro x 6 = 438,00 + spedizione http://www.robotstore.it/product/576/Pololu-Jrk-12v12-USB-Motor-Controller-con-Feedback.html

Arduino 1
    € 22,57 + spedizione http://www.robot-italy.com/it/arduino-uno-r3.html

Monster Motor
    59,66 x 3 = 178,98 + spedizione http://www.robot-italy.com/it/monster-motor-shield.html

Velleman VM140 135,00€ + spedizione https://www.futurashop.it/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=5074 (Non ancora supportata da Simtools per il momento) ma eaorobbie ci sta pensando lui

Sabertooth
    € 79,51 x 3 = 238,53 + spedizione https://www.google.it/search?q=sabertooth 2x12&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:it:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&gfe_rd=cr&ei=FZD0U_SbBK2o8wfi74DoDA

Ricapitolando :

Soluzione JRK 438,00 euro + 6 alimentatori stabilizzati 12v 30A circa 120 euro ma credo che si possono collegare 2 JRK con un solo alimentatore visto che ha più uscite a 12V (se qulcuno ci può dare conferma);)
    Totale = 558 euro

Soluzione Arduino 1 + 3 Monster Motor 201,55 euro + 3 alimentatori 60 euro( e qui aspetto un parere da un esperto se si può collegare 2 Moster moto ad un solo alimentatore 12v 30A)
    Totale = 261,55

Soluzione VM140 + 3 Sabertooth 373,53 euro + 3 alimentatori 60 euro
    Totale= 433,53

Soluzione AMC non ne ho idea dei costi...

Come puoi vedere la soluzione più economica e funzionale e Arduino 1 + 3 Monster almeno io sceglerei con un 6 DOF questa soluzione;)

Ma per il mio 4 DOF stò valutando le JRK a meno che ne posso collegare 2 JRK con un solo alimentatore a più uscite 12v 30A

Per quanto riguarda velocità ecc. ti lascio nelle mani degli esperti;)

Scusate se non traduco il post ma e troppo lungo :D
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  13. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    grazie kevin preciso come sempre :thumbs
    valutando quella che effettivamente come prezzo sembra essere la strada migliore, cioè arduino+3 monster moto ho trovato questa che costa meno ed è molto più potente
    http://www.pololu.com/product/2507
    Mi chiedo: è possible a questo prezzo avere così tanta potenza?
    qualcuno la usa?
    ci sono aspetti negativi usando questa scheda?
    :think:think:think

Thanks kevin precise as always:thumbs
    considering what indeed as price seems to be the best route, i.e. 3 arduino monster moto I found this that costs less and is much more powerful
    http://www.pololu.com/product/2507
    I wonder: is possible at this price have so much power?
    someone use it?
    There are negative aspects using this card?
    :think:think:think
  14. telfel

telfel Active Member

Balance:
    4,735Coins
    Ratings:
    +118 / 3 / -0
    You list 220 volt motors, is that a typo?
  15. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,390Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Yes they are stronger than the Monstor Moto, which are equal to the Jrk's overall amp output. And can be driven by an Ard.
    They have been used before, no issue in their use. And my recommendation would be to use the Ard but there is an issue , you may need multiply Ard's as no code exists for them to run 6 dc h bridges (3 dual h bridges).
    Easiest option is Jrks but not cheap, simple and very effective.
    K8061 with 3 sabertooths is an option coming soon, just been a wee bit busy to punch out the code. Plus need to purchase one too so I can test it before releasing it to you guys.

So yes been used before and are stronger than Monstor Moto's
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    No,non è un errore di battitura;) lui ha messo in conto anche la possibilità di usare motori a 220v, e cerca consigli di quale hardware serve per usare motori a 220v.

Sicuramente servono motoriduttori che non costano poco....ci vogliono gli inverter... e se non sbaglio schede AMC...ma non sono sicuro:confused:

No, not a typo;) he put in account the possibility of using motors 220v, and seeks advice what hardware I need to use 220v motors.
    Definitely need motors that do not come cheap .... we want the inverter ... and if I'm not mistaken AMC cards ... but I'm not sure:confused:

EDIT: Mi ero dimenticato che ne dite di questi?? : http://www.robot-italy.com/it/bb-vnh3sp30-vnh3sp30-full-bridge-driver.html?___from_store=en

Credete che possono andare bene accoppiate ad Arduino?
    Perchè costano veramente poco;)

EDIT: I forgot ... what do you think of these ?? : http://www.robot-italy.com/it/bb-vnh3sp30-vnh3sp30-full-bridge-driver.html?___from_store=en
    Do you think that might be okay coupled with Arduino?
    Because they cost very little;)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  17. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,390Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    They will work but you may find the motors might make an audible hum when driven, as it uses a 10khz signal and the monster moto is capable at being driven at 20KHz , about the only difference.
    At that price I would testify buy one unit and test it , if all good go ahead and buy what's needed.
    These can be driven with all of the Ard codes here.

Another note you don't need a AMC to drive 240v, Ard Uno will do the same thing , codes here have been shown to run them fine.
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Infatti come kevin ha già specificato sto valutando anche l'opzione motori a 220 con motoriduttore che qui in italia si trovano a meno dei motori a 12v che tanti di voi usano con successo.
    Anche se questo mi porta a non costruire più gli attuatori e a cambiare progetto vorrei esaminare meglio questa opzione.
    quindi ricapitolando cosa serve
    6 motori con motoriduttore (watt, giri finali????)
    1 arduino uno (o 2,3????)
    6 inverter (caratteristiche presumo del vattaggio dei motori, giusto?)
    poi????
    cosa va tra arduino e i motori?:think

As kevin has already stated I'm considering also the 220 engines with gear that here in Italy are less 12v engine that so many of you use successfully.
    Although this brings me not to build more cheaters and change project I would like to examine this option. then recapping what serves
    6 engines with gear motor (watt, final laps????)
    1 arduino uno (or 2.3????)
    6 inverter (I assume characteristics of ECG of engines, right?)
    then????
    what goes between arduino and the engines? :think
  19. telfel

telfel Active Member

Balance:
    4,735Coins
    Ratings:
    +118 / 3 / -0
    Um Italy is the land of gate automation Came, Faac, BFT,

All now tend to use 24 volt motor ?

regards Terry
  20. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Forse questo http://autogire-rc.over-blog.com/article-simulateur-dynamique-2-dof-puis-3-dof-120453657.html può esserti di aiuto? e un 3DOF ma può andare anche per un 6DOF

Poi ho reperito altre info riguardo ad inverter e tipo di motore di uno che ha costruito un 6DOF con motori 220v

• CANTONI Motor, Type Sh 80-4B 0,75 kW (1 HP), 1390 rpm, 400VY

• Gear (70 : 1) --> Brings about ~19 RPM