1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

GEAR MOTOR 12 VOLT 150/160 rpm 25:1 ratio

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by -kevin-, Aug 20, 2014.

1. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Termo Tecnico industriale
    Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, SimforceGT, 4DOF
    Ciao a tutti
    Qualcuno di voi è riuscito a trovare questo tipo di motore in EUROPA?

http://www.ebay.it/itm/351066992384?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Ho provato a fare delle ricerche ma non riesco a trovarli in Europa... ma solo Stati uniti,australia,cina ecc... Il problema sono le spese di spedizioni internazionali e i dazi doganali troppo alti per l'italia.
    Se qualcuno e riuscito a trovarli in Europa può dirmi dove?;)
    Grazie

Hello everyone
    Have any of you been able to find this type of engine in EUROPE?

http://www.ebay.it/itm/351066992384?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I tried to do some research but can not find them in Europe ... but only the United States, australia, china, etc. ... The problem is the cost of international freight forwarding and customs duties are too high for Italy.
    If someone could tell me where can find it in Europe?
    Thank you
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  2. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Mi associo alla richiesta, non solo per il 25:1 ma anche per il 50:1 ma credo che se si trova un produttore avrà entrambi i modelli.

I echo the request, not only for the 25: 1 and 50: 1 but I guess if you find a producer will have both models.
  3. shanothegreat

shanothegreat Member Gold Contributor

Technician
    Balance:
    496Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT
    Hi kevin and billio2404,

I have been doing some research into an alternative motor that we can get readily in Australia, a little more expensive than the one on ebay, but you can specify gear ratios and output speeds.

At present I have had a tentative price of AU$260 for an industrial rated 100w 12volt DC motor mated with an 030 size gearbox. The good news for you guys is that they are made in Italy and you may find that you can get them at a better price than me because you wont have to pay for shipping etc.

For others watching this post I am not saying anything against the "big worm motor" I have been looking at a more industrial product where different motors and gearbox ratios can be employed.

http://www.transtecno.com/en/products/small-wormgearmotor-range-robin/

Regards

Shane
    • Like Like x 2
  4. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thats nice Shane, motion dynamics here in Sydney offer similar gearboxes, but at nearly $200 each, thats OUT of range for me, but at least the option for super gearboxes is there.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. shanothegreat

Technician
    Balance:
    496Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    The gearbox and dc motor range can do up to 800w per unit, if we can get the 24v system firing with the aid of simaxe/sabertooth, or kangaroo/sabertooth we will be on a winner for something that approaches a 6dof AC system without the danger of death.

I appreciate the price constraints that most of us face, hell if I could I'd go out and buy 6 Jrks and be done with it, but I'm all for improving the breed and exploring the options. I know the motion dynamics products you refer to, they are nearly twice the price of the ones available down here in Melbourne.
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  6. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,390Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    We can drive a sabertooth easily now with a K8055, so no fiddly programing and setting up needed.
    Mmmm care to share the link or even details of Melbourne supplier, Cheers got family over there.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    @shanothegreat
    Grazie per la ricerca :thumbs ma avevamo già contattato quell'azienda e ce ne sono anche altre italiane tra cui alcune non vendono ai privati ma solo ad aziende con partita iva...ma più o meno i costi erano quelli che hai citato tu :( ed io personalmente non posso spendere tutti quei soldi solo per i motori... anche perchè ne devo acquistare 4 e mi costerebbero circa 900 euro.Quelli su ebay sono ottimi motori adatti al nostro scopo e costano ogn'uno 100 euro circa...quindi il prezzo è ottimo :thumbs ma purtroppo per farli arrivare in italia tra la spedizione e dazi ci costerebbero intorno ai 230 euro ogni motore. Forse ci devo togliere le speranze per questo tipo di motore e andare avanti con motori dei tergicristallo.

Beati voi che abitate all'estero trovate di tutto e a prezzi molto convenienti.

Thanks for looking :thumbs but we had already contacted that company, and there are also other Italian including some, do not sell to private individuals, but only to companies with VAT ... but more or less the costs were those who cited :( you and I personally can not spend all that money just for the engines ... also because I have to buy 4 and would cost me about 900 euro. ones on ebay are great engines, suited to our purpose, and each one cost 100 euro about ... so the price is great:thumbs but unfortunately for them to arrive in Italy, including shipping and duties it would cost around 230 euro each engine. Perhaps we have to remove the hopes for this type of engine and get on with their engines wiper.

Blessed are you who live abroad and find everything very affordable prices.;)
  8. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,390Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Grazie Rob per esserti interessato :thumbs purtroppo, io personalmente non ho amici da quelle parti :( comunque, ho pensato che forse ne compro solo 2 di motori per il sollevamento e urto da 50:1, e gli altri 2 motori per la slitta accellerazione e frenata, per la perdita di trazione userò motori tergicristallo, sperando che riescono a fare questo lavoro.

Thank you for signing Rob concerned :thumbs unfortunately, I personally have friends there :( anyway, I thought maybe I buy only 2 motors for the lift and bump 50: 1, and the other 2 engines for the sled acceleration and braking, to the loss of traction will use wiper motors, hoping that they can make this work.
  10. soraz

soraz Member

Balance:
    5,158Coins
    Ratings:
    +79 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    hai considerato quelli usati da RacingMat (http://www.smolka-berlin.de/onlines..._motor_24V_DC__Typ:_SW2L__Special_Offer!/4398) ?
    dai dati tecnici hanno 16Nm a 24V e 48 giri, ma alimentati a 12V riducono i giri a 24 (forse) e aumenta la forza disponibile.

have you consider to use motors of RacingMat (http://www.smolka-berlin.de/onlines..._motor_24V_DC__Typ:_SW2L__Special_Offer!/4398) ?
    from datasheet they have 16Nm/24V/48rpm, but at 12V reduce rpm to 24 (may be) and increases the power available.
  11. shanothegreat

Technician
    Balance:
    496Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Here is the link for the supplier of the industrial motors and gear boxes in Melbourne. Apologies it was my intention to share, I hadn't thought much past helping our Italian brothers with their predicament.

I spoke to the owner of the company Darren Moloney, very helpful, only issue he raised was the potential demagnetizing of permanent magnet DC motors. Stated that with continual bi-directional changes without the rotor coming to rest, could over time weaken the magnetic field. Not sure if I've seen this raised as an issue in any previous posts.

The motors vary in wattage from 100 to over 800 in both 12 and 24 volt and can be provided with an extended motor shaft to take an encoder.

Ironically I have family in Perth, a brother in supply chain logistics.

http://motordrives.com.au/
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. soraz

soraz Member

Balance:
    5,158Coins
    Ratings:
    +79 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
  13. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    not a good idea. They are a 24v motor being driven by 12v. Half the speed, half the torque. look for a good 12v motor.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @shanothegreat , the issue of demagneztizing hasnt been brought up, probably because no one has had the problem. The definition of "over time" , is a broad one.
    Motiondynamincs , local to me , had similar thoughts and on purchase of the original motors I got from him, I told him what I was going to do with them , and he refused warranty straight up. No problem I said. Only one way to see how they go. Those motors are STILL going strong 3 years later and with a few hundred hours use on them.
    You may just have to buy a pair of motors and thrash them. Thats what I did.
    Motion simulators use parts not recommended for such use. I havent yet found a motor that is built for what we do. Even the JRK is being pushed WAY harder than its supposed to. But the motors survive, so do the control boards.
    They have proved to be successful.
    Id suggest that you buy some motors and continually report back to the supplier of their progress.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. shanothegreat

Technician
    Balance:
    496Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    My thoughts exactly, I am fortunate to have a lot of contacts in motor racing and when you lighten a part for performance gains you do it incrementally until it fails then go back one step. Not all things are purely development by finite stress analysis programs.
    I used to make carbon fibre race exhausts using a process that the supplier said shouldn't work, no one could explain it, just good old trial and error.
    This brings me to my latest idea, an F1 style tub where the seat is integral to the structure for actuator mounts, maybe I should pull my finger out and start another post if there is any interest out there.
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  16. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For sure. New ideas are always good
  17. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Grazie per esserti interessato @soraz
    No perchè non li conoscevo... ma comunque vedo che hanno solo 48 rpm quindi sono un pò lenti per il mio progetto e poi credo che un buon simulatore che riproduce i movimenti più realistici possibili abbia bisogno di un motore che faccia 80 rpm minimo 100 sarebbe ancora meglio...se calcoliamo che un buon tergicristallo fà 60 rpm più o meno e circa 10 newton metro i moto riduttori di ebay sono ottimi motori a livello di velocità e potenza e adatti al mio scopo. Poi non sarebbe un problema per l'alimentazione a 24v per i motori che hai linkato tanto devo fare tutto nuovo... mi basterebbe un alimentatore a 24v anche perchè e sono daccordo con @bsft che alimentandoli a 12v si dimezzano i giri e la coppia del motore...il problema e che con la struttura che devo costruire devono sostenere un bel peso.Quindi per il sollevamento e urto i motori perfetti sarebbero quelli di ebay con rapporto 50:1 80 rpm e circa 50 newton metro.

Thank you for interested @soraz
    No because they do not know them ... but I see that they only have 48 rpm so I'm a little slow for my project and then I think a good simulator that reproduces the movements more realistic possible need of an engine that makes 80 rpm minimum 100 would be even better ... if we calculate that a good wiper ago 60 rpm or so and about 10 newton meter the gear motors ebay motors are great in terms of speed and power and suitable for my purpose. Then it would not be a problem for the 24v power supply for the engines that you linked so I have to do it all again ... all I need a 24v power supply and also because I agree with @bsft that by feeding 12v to halve the speed and the torque engine ... the problem with that and I have to build the structure that must support a great weight. So for lifting and shock engines perfect would be those ebay with ratio 50: 1 80 rpm and about 50 newton meter.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  18. traveltrousers

traveltrousers Active Member

Balance:
    890Coins
    Ratings:
    +87 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    These motors look pretty good and the price is not outrageous.... why can't I find them in Europe :(
  19. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Exactly, and that the real problem :(
  20. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I call upon all @RaceRay @yobuddy @eaorobbie @value1 @Historiker

I only miss our sir in sky :grin

Given the problems that I'm having in finding engines at affordable prices that can not find
    in europe and I do not think that I only have this type of problem
    I got a little idea :blush

Why not open a section of links to sites of engine hardware electronic materials CNC
    etc.etc. in short, everything you need to build a simulator DIY

with a tag like [Motors Italy] this means links to businesses or Italian
    [German Electronics]

It would be free advertising? I discovered the warm water?
    I do not know if this is something feasible :confused::confused:

Each user can also tell how and went with his purchase of a certain site
    if the site is not honest and best avoided because where he bought and what he has bought, which is
    Prices costs and delivery times duties etc.etc.

Someone writes in his project thread linking the various shopping sites
    but not all ...

instead open a section type motors shop shop etc interfaces.

All this is to have all the information in one place and not scattered throughout the site

Ok I've to throw them then clearly it's up to you to say whether or not it is an absurd idea.

I return to work tomorrow so I finished the holidays ... and you break the balls less :grin

Ps: I hope that by translating you do not understand one thing for another and blows me :eek::sos
    • Like Like x 4