1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

the billo's sim 2dof

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by billo2404, Jul 7, 2014.

1. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Termo Tecnico industriale
    Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, SimforceGT, 4DOF
    Devo farti anche io i complimenti :cheers stà venendo fuori un bel lavoro veramente!! Poi ho delle domande da farti quando ho più tempo ;) Per adesso ti posso consigliare i motori che ho visto su ebay e che ho intenzione di comprarli.

http://www.ebay.it/itm/351093944483?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

il costo in euro e circa di 100 ognuno compresa spedizione...spero solo che non siano rumorosi....

Buon proseguimento a presto

Gotta let me also compliment :cheers is coming off a really nice job! Then I have some questions for you when I have more time ;) For now, I can recommend the engines that I have seen on ebay and I'm going to buy them.
    http://www.ebay.it/itm/351093944483?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
    the cost in Euros and about 100 each including shipping ... I just hope they are not noisy ....
    Good continuation to you soon
  2. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    They are not noisy , I believe a few are using them on sim currently, I have the 25:1 and are silent, actually now and again finding my self checking while driving, are they still working, thump !! ah yes, eyes forward Robbie !!
    • Funny Funny x 3
  3. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Watching some videos give me the impression that they are more noisy wiper or am I wrong?
    25:1? what is the difference with the 50:1? it has less torque?
  4. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Noise in my sim comes from the ultra fast motion I can achieve , takes about 0.1sec to travel from top to bottom of its travel. That is tested in the Jrk app , motors can produce a constant 150rpm under load at 13.8v at 16v measured nearer to 180rpm. If I disconnect the motors from the sim and run them , they are silent but under rapidly changing direction the rods ends produce a slight noise, as well I haven't bolted the back of the seat to the frame yet and under the extreme vibrations it knocks against the back of the T Bar. I haven't found the time too polish everything off , having too much fun with it.
    @bsft has used the 50:1's on a mates sim and I believe they are the same quiet as.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @-kevin- , yes they are quiet, and as @eaorobbie says, any noise you may hear in our videos is frame rattle from a loose bolt, or something else. These motors are quiet. 25:1 and 50:1.
    My mate with the 50:1 motors plays late at night in a small flat with his family in the next room, and apart from frame flex, his setup is quiet enough so he can do so while they sleep.
  6. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sample videos of noise from motors

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    effettivamente sembrano essere degli ottimi motori, ma pensate che riuscirebbero a muovere il sim compreso di perdali e monitor?
    La differenza nel 50:1 e nel 25:1 credo sia nel rapporto giusto?
    Qundi 50:1 meno veloce ma più potente, 25:1 meno potente ma più veloce?
    è giusto o ho detto una sciocchezza????:confused:
    Secondo voi sono più potenti questi motori o dei motori tergicristallo a 24 volt?:think

actually seem to be good engines, but you think that they would move the sim including perdali and monitor?
    The difference in 50: 1 and 25: 1 I think is in the relationship right?
    So 50: 1 slower but more powerful, less powerful 25: 1 but faster? is right or I said nonsense????:confused:
    You are more powerful engines or windscreen wiper motors to 24 volts? :think
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    leave the screen static to save weight. Everything else is fine.
    The 50:1 is a bit slower, but will still move at linear speed of 200mm per second with the right lever and a JRK.
    I use only 12v. I havent gone to 24v.
    • Useful Useful x 2
  9. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    @eaorobbie e @bsft grazie per i video e i consigli.:thumbsMi avete convinto,In effetti il rumore che si sente non proviene dai motori, ma proviene dai giunti a snodo e la barre,e questo rumore lo sentivo anche sul mio sim.;)

Mi preoccupa, quello che dice david,che (se ho capito bene) sarebbe meglio avere un monitor fisso,e non basculante? se no i motori non possono sostenere tutto quel peso?

Non sarebbe una bella cosa per me, perchè preferisco che il monitor si deve muovere insieme al corpo.Per questo problema ho pensato di spostare il giunto a snodo più avanti e non al centro della base del sedile in modo tale da bilanciare il peso e dare meno sforzo ai motori...che ne dite?

@bsft and @eaorobbie thanks for the videos and advice.:thumbsMi You've convinced Indeed, the noise you hear is not coming from the engines, but comes from the swivel joints and bars, and this noise, I felt even on my sim. ;)

I am concerned, what he says david, which (as I understand it) would be better to have a fixed monitor, and non-tilting? otherwise the engine may not support all that weight?

It would not be a good thing for me, because I prefer that the monitor must move together to body.For this problem I decided to move the swivel joint later and not at the center of the base of the seat so as to balance the weight and give less effort to motors ... what do you think?

Scusatemi per il disegno... fa schifo:confused:...ma si capisce quello che intendo :)

Forgive me for drawing... sucks:confused: ... but you know what I mean :)

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  10. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Exactly @-kevin- , build the top with all accessories and components that will be running on it, place a broomstick or something underneath it so it may rock back and forth, Do this with a friend so that you can jump in and the friend can move the sim back and forth until you find the right balance point, this will be the right place them to fix the Uni.

And for this configuration I would not use 25:1 boxes , I would use the 50:1 boxes which will produce about twice the torque which will be needed to bring the sim back to centre when it rolls as the extra weight of the side motors will make the 25:1 work way to hard.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Ottima informazione, 200 mm al secondo mi sembrano un ottimo risultato ma con una leva di quanti cm?

Excellent information, 200 mm/sec seem to me to be a very good result but with a lever to how many cm?
  13. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    Che bel disegno...il creatore di autocad si sentirebbe inutile davanti ad un simile capolavoro:grin:thumbs
    Scherzi a parte rende benissimo l'idea, volevo farti notare solo una piccola cosa: se non ricordo male a suo tempo avevi già provato con un tubolare il baricentro del simulatore, ma se lo vai a variare di tanto a quel punto ti andrà a variare anche la leva che i motori faranno sul simulatore, per esempio in questo disegno sarà maggiore rispetto a prima quindi dovresti avere più potenza ma meno movimento, ma la cosa più semplice sarà modificare le leve dei motori (quindi in questo caso allungarle un po') e dovresti riavere la stessa configurazione che avevi all' inizio:thumbs
    Nel mio progetto ho cercato di avere un baricentro regolabile (lo puoi vedere nei primi post di questo 3D) che non influisca sulle leve e che si presti a qualsiasi tipo di modifica si renda necessaria nel tempo, o magari solo per l'uso prolungato di una persona di peso e statura molto diverse dalla mia. La cosa che più mi preoccupa è l'inerzia e lo spostamento del baricentro quando l' angolazione della struttura è diversa da zero....purtroppo le mie conoscienze di fisica non mi permettono di calcolare quanto incidano ma solo di rendermi conto che ci saranno, percui, come recitava un famoso libro italiano "IO SPERIAMO CHE ME LA CAVO" :grin
    Incrociamo le dita :think

That beautiful design ... the creator of autocad would feel useless in front of such a masterpiece:grin:thumbs
    seriously makes it very well the idea, I wanted to get you noticed only one little thing: If I remember correctly its time you had already tried with a tubular form the Centre of gravity of the Simulator, but if you go to vary that much at that point you will also vary the lever that the engines will be on Simulatorfor example in this drawing will be greater than before so you should have more power but less movement, but the simplest thing will change engine levers (so in this case extend them a bit) and you should get the same configuration that you had at the beginning :thumbs
    in my project, I tried to have an adjustable Center of gravity (you can see in the first post of this 3D) that does not affect levers and you pay any type of change you necessary over time, or maybe just for prolonged use of a person's weight and stature very different from mine. The thing that bothers me most is the inertia and center of gravity shifting when the angle of the structure is nonzero. ... Unfortunately my knowledge of physics do not allow me to calculate how much affect but just realize that there will be, therefore, as recited a famous Italian ' book I HOPE CHE ME LA CAVO ':grin
    fingers :think
  14. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    65 CM lever, but that using a JRK
  15. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: così tanto?
    quindi rmp sono pochi? 12? 13?:think

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:so much?
    then there are few RPM? 12? 13?:think
  16. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Maybe I made a mistake.
    Lets see, 25:1 gearbox 150 rpm, 40 mm CTC lever using about 70mm throw on a JRK moves at about 300mm linear speed per second.
    50:1 gearbox 80rpm , 65mm CTC lever should move about 200mm per second with 70mm throw.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    ora è chiaro:thumbs
    quindi il 50:1 dovrebbe essere più adatto alle nostre esigenze, più potenza e una velocità più che sufficiente,(80 rpm) giusto?
    Visto che in futuro mi piacerebbe molto costruire un 6dof pensi che questi motori sarebbero in grado di reggere un sim come il mio (schermi compresi ma posso assicurarti che sono molto leggeri) più pilota? In questo modo avrei già 2 motori utilizzabili se dovessi realizzare il progetto

Thanks, now it is clear:thumbs
    then the 50: 1 should be more suitable to our needs, more power and a more than adequate speed, (80 rpm) right?
    Considering that in the future I'd really like to build a 6dof think these engines would be able to hold a sim card like mine (including screens but I can assure you that they are very light) more pilot? In this way I have 2 motors for use if I were to carry out the project
  18. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Non Girare il coltello nella piaga per piacere :grin ci ho messo 3 ore per fare quel disegno e credo che picasso si stà rivoltando nella tomba:eek::eek::D

Per il tuo discorso del baricentro per me non fa una piega ;) ma hai fatto giuste osservazioni che sicuramente possono servire a qualcuno. Si avevo già pensato ad un baricentro regolabile tempo fà ma sinceramente adesso con le cose regolabili ho chiuso perchè aggiungono solo rumori in più...(perchè sono fissato con i rumori?) Perchè in primis non voglio un simulatore che mentre stò gareggiando faccia ta tatat tic toc tarattatatà mi dà un fastidio enorme per secondo abito in un condominio tranquillo e gli unici rumori che si sentono sono i miei figli quando litigano...o_O poi credo che dopo queste modifiche avrò più bisogno di upgrade sulla struttura in futuro per quello mi prenderò tutto il tempo che mi serve. Purtroppo l'unica cosa che devo per forza fare regolabile e la struttura davandi al sedile quella in rosso...ed ecco che ricompare il picasso:grin:grin

[​IMG]

Questo perchè gli amici miei e di mio figlio che quando ci vengono a trovare ogni volta vogliono farsi un giro :(:(
    e devo pensare ad avere una regolazione delle varie altezze come in auto che puoi spostare il sedile avanti e indietro per adattarsi alla guida...se no lo eviterei e farei tutto saldato.;)

Do not Turn the knife for pleasure:grin took me 3 hours to do that design and I think Picasso is rolling over in his grave: :eek::eek::D

For your speech center of gravity for me is flawless;) but you've definitely done just observations that can serve somebody. He had already thought of a center of gravity adjustable time ago now, but frankly with the things I have adjustable closed because only add more noise ... (because they are secured with the noise?) Why in the first place I do not want a simulator that while I'm competing face ta tatat tic toc tarattatatà gives me a huge hassle for the second dress in a quiet condo and the only sounds you hear are my children when they fight ... o_O then I think after these changes I will need to upgrade the structure in the future for the I will take all the time I need. Unfortunately the only thing that I'm forced to make the structure davandi adjustable and the seat in the red ... and here reappears picasso:grin:grin

[​IMG]

This is because my friends and my son that when we come to visit whenever they want to take a ride:(:(
    and I think to have a regulation of various heights in the car as you can move the seat forward and back to fit the guide ... if not I would avoid it and would do it all welded.;)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Heres something you can do. Thanks to @eaorobbie for the suggestion of a set of draw rail/sliders.
    I made a wheel stand up and screwed the draw sliders in the side, so it slides back and forth on a base. The wheel platform is height adjustable as well.
    So it slides back towards the driver and the wheel platform can be wound down, to suit my 130cm high son, then I can wind wheel up and slide platform forward to suit taller driver up to 185cm
    2014-07-11 13.49.40.jpg 2014-07-11 13.41.48.jpg 2014-07-11 14.43.08.jpg
    Adjustment to hold positions was a bracket welded on the end and holes drilled at intervals with a bolt that simply sits in the hole
    2014-07-11 14.38.46.jpg 2014-07-11 14.38.59.jpg
    because kids are lighter, if the balance point is set for the heaviest driver, moving the wheel stand back will not upset balance point because a lighter driver will take over.
    No need to move the seat, just the wheel and pedals.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1