1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Using AMC3 - Sim Tools limits the axis?

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by Pit, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    As you can see my hardware (should) works fine. Unfortunately Sim Tools limits the axis, although there is no axis limit (100%). Why there is so a big difference between SMC3 and Sim Tools? I can only use the half way of the winches or rather the potentiometer.

Thank you for helping (PS: the winches are working the hell, I will post the review as soon as I can)

Attached Files:

2. Pit

Balance:
    30,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    PS: I mean Sim Tools stops moving the axis although the limit is quite a distance away.
  3. Pit

Balance:
    30,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    I got it. In SMC3 the PWMmax was to high. Due to the heavy load the moto monster shield (IMO) shuts down to prevent any damage. After many tests one fuse has been broken so I thought the load is too high. Finally this issue has nothing to do with Sim Tools. Sorry about that :)
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  4. RufusDufus

RufusDufus Well-Known Member

Balance:
    15,603Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,008 / 8 / -1
    Good to hear you have sorted it out... :thumbs
  5. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,390Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Just to add another note:
    Your Axis Assignments are very low.
    As in the % actually represents the amount of axis this DOForce will use. Ie you have set Sway to 7 so it will only use 7% of the total axis.
    And when sway,surge and heave reach 100% you will only get 19% of the total movement available ,meaning your only using 1/5 of the movement.
    Do recommend you reset these to bigger values in one axis all the % should total 100% at the moment its only 19%.
    I would try setting them to sway 35% - surge 25% and heave 40%
    • Useful Useful x 1