1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Movie: Drzewiecki Design - New York City X - FSX P3D

Discussion in 'Flight Simulator X' started by RaceRay, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Vassago

Vassago New Member

Balance:
    441Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    ON a side note I would try and run it with the 570 before buying the 770. Unless of course if you are running 3x monitor setup than by all means. Just saying you could save a few bucks throw an over clock on that 570 and if you are running 1080p or below than the 570 should be more than enough even with the new REX enviroment.
  2. Vassago

Vassago New Member

Balance:
    441Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    One more thing. I am currently running a i7 930 @ 4.0 ghz with a pair of 460gtx in sli It runs nicely with fsx and I can't speak for P3D. Also The newest haswell E stuff (4770) are not always the best overclockers due to manufacturing issues if memory serves me correct. Since P3d and or Fsx don't care about what series your CPU is you might be able to save a few more bucks and hit the ebay circut for a sandy bridge and crank an i5 to 4.5 on the cheap. :)
  3. cthiggin

cthiggin Active Member

Self-Employed
    Balance:
    15,209Coins
    Ratings:
    +435 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Vassago,
    Thanks for the update.

FYI - With the latest version of P3d v2.1 - the minimum gpu they state that should be used is a 500 series and up...What LM has done in the versions 2.0 and up is to shift a lot of the load to the gpu,
    thus helping out the cpu - with my 570 Classified, it's overclocked from factory, and it does work, HOWEVER, I've had to stay at 2048, 4.5 LOD, traffic at 20%, and the experience is real good, again
    with exception of heavy areas such as KATL, KORD, etc....which is where I get some autogen popping and lag.....fps's go to crap.

I have followed many users of the hi-end pc users - the 780i, 4770K etc. and they are getting superb performance - great fps's , well, just a wonderful setup.
    It's now time for build a new box as I should be done with my motion platform by June...and I will need a dedicated PC to run it.
    P3d really doesn't support sli and have stated that it will not increase throughput - I'm running a 37" Samsung LED TV and it has just been superb. 1080.

The Haswell 4770K has had some overheating issues. You just hope to get a "good" one. So many have had to "de-lid" and apply new, hi-end thermal paste and that's resolved
    their overheating issue.

When I'm getting real close to the pc build - I am going to do some real heavy research at Tom's Hardware and Overclockers.com - and go from there.

Stay in touch and thanks very very much.

Tom
  4. Vassago

Vassago New Member

Balance:
    441Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    My Sli does nothing for frame rates for the most part which is fine. Though Fsx does utilize both cards equally. As far as dumping load to the GPU I have not used P3D. Does this really work? IN other words did you notice a difference between the two (FSX-P3D) . I had heard mention of this but was curious how Boeing managed to rewrite Fsx to do that. As far as the Cpu is concerned I assume that P3D is still a "hog for hertz" and that 4.5 ghz will be better than 4. As far as haswell E is concerned "de-lid" looks to be the law of the land if you want to break 4.5 even on water. Good luck on your new build. :)
  5. cthiggin

cthiggin Active Member

Self-Employed
    Balance:
    15,209Coins
    Ratings:
    +435 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Vassago,
    LM "revised" some code to send "autogen & tessalation" to the gpu. I have only used P3d for the past 18 months - FSX is now "not even on the plate"....
    I started with P3d v 1.3 then too v1.4 - NOW, with v2.1, YES, it makes a difference with shifting some load to the gpu - that's why they state that 500 series and up - PLUS,
    one MUST HAVE DX11 capabilities or P3d v2.0 or 2.1 will not even open. YES, it's "still" a hog for hertz - because of still using so much of the old outdated FSX code.

Well, IF I do go with a Haswell, I'm comfortable with de-lidding....and I'll get the replacement, "no questions asked" warranty that's 29.95 - seems to be a no-brainer.

Stay in touch,

Tom
  6. Vassago

Vassago New Member

Balance:
    441Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    I did not know they moved autogen to the GPU given how badly it affected frame rates in FSX I have to assume it helps quite a bit off loading that from CPU.
  7. cthiggin

cthiggin Active Member

Self-Employed
    Balance:
    15,209Coins
    Ratings:
    +435 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Yes, it does help quite a bit - even with my older rig.
    I feel that the future can only be great with LM - they have the resources and commitment to make the P3D the best it's ever been.....and they don't wait months to do fixes and patches.
    MS - 0 support for several years - only massive tweaking can get you a nice experience. I want to stay with a company that's progressive.

Tom
  8. cthiggin

cthiggin Active Member

Self-Employed
    Balance:
    15,209Coins
    Ratings:
    +435 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hello Chumet,
    Sorry you disliked my post - to each his own.
    Been doing flight sim for almost 10 years - and I know what I like........

Yes sir, I had FSX looking just great with nice add-on's, and a massive amount of tweaks, which never ended........
    I would like to hear from "anyone" who is honest, say they are running FSX "without" any tweaks....just doesn't exist.....
    but, IF there is anyone who IS, they need to call Microsoft and tell them so that can start supporting FSX again, after five years..........????

Yes, with P3d, v's 1.3, 1.4, 2.0, you had to do "some" tweaks, based on your own pc variables...and with v2.2 - it's not perfect, but I am getting wonderful results, NO Tweaks, just a plain vanilla config, and that's
    with an outdated pc...

If you love FSX, that's great - stay with it and enjoy the heck out of it.....
    If you're interested in a company that's supporting their product, a company that is listening to the end users, and continually making their product better, the you may want to have a "look" at Lockheed-Martin.

It would be a pleasure if anyone giving a "dislike" would at least state the reasons why. That way we could all learn.

Have a blessed one,

Tom
  9. cthiggin

cthiggin Active Member

Self-Employed
    Balance:
    15,209Coins
    Ratings:
    +435 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    P3d, v2.3 is SUPERB! Best of any flight simulator I've ever seen................AND, "absolutely" NO TWEAKS to config file.
  10. silmar

silmar New Member

Balance:
    - 78Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    amazing video , do You have the scenery to download?
  11. Alihan737

Alihan737 Member

Balance:
    264Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino, Motion platform
    Beautiful scenario :)