1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

SimTools v3 Public Beta

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Tips by the Developer' started by yobuddy, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Michael Pleym

Michael Pleym Member

Balance:
    204Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Yes. Ofc I have. In one of the lines, in the Export.lua file in that dictionary it says: "
    Look into Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log for this script errors, please."

Don't have any "Saved Games" dictionary on my computer. Only "Sparade Spel" (swedish for Saved Games). And it remains with that name although how many times I try to rename the map.

And about SimHub. No I don't have SimHub installed on my computer. Why should I?

I have tried it all you know. It doesn't work, Ok.

In over a year I have tried everything to make it work, No avail. Ok.

Funny thing is that it works fine with all my racing simulations that I have installed via Steam.

Only DCS it does not work with.

And yes, I have paid for my copy of SimTools. When I paid for the motion platform, SimTools was included. Right?

But no support obviously.

Michael
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,290Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,032 / 16 / -0
    Please verify that the lua file looks like this below, as our lua file for the plugin does not have that text in it.
    upload_2024-4-14_14-16-4.png

There is no need to rename anything, just select the "...Sparade Spel\DCS" folder and after patching, you should have a "...Sparade Spel\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua" file, and it should look like the above pic when opened.
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2024
  3. Michael Pleym

Michael Pleym Member

Balance:
    204Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Thank you for your clarification on the name issue. I was almost thinking of taking the step to buy and install a new Windows version with english language. Now I now that wont help.

I will check the content in my Export lua a.s.a.p.

Kind regards

Michael
    • Like Like x 1
  4. richdelta9

richdelta9 Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    8,822Coins
    Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Please make sure you have Car Dash selected for Data Out Packet Format as seen in the configuration image on the game plugin data page otherwise you will not get correct data output.
  5. Trent Robinson

Trent Robinson Member

Systems Engineer
    Balance:
    246Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Yup. I do.
  6. Michael Pleym

Michael Pleym Member

Balance:
    204Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Sorry, that line were from the Script folder in the game itself. You talked about the "dcs" folder so that's where I took the example from. I just wrote it to make an example of the game using the word "Saved Games" and not "Sparade Spel" by it self. Thought it maybe had something to do with my problems. Now you have explained it don't so I leave that hypotes behind.

And yes, I have the exactly same lines in my folder "Sparade Spel"_DCS_Scripts_ export.lua

Kind regards

Michael
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
  7. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,290Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,032 / 16 / -0
    Now lets see if DCS is loading and running the script correctly.
    (Please make sure SimTools is not running)

Run the test app I linked below, set the port to 41230, and then click "Open Port".
    upload_2024-4-18_18-3-39.png

Now run DCS, and see if you get any data in the window of the test app.
    Please let me know how it goes.

Attached Files:

8. Michael Pleym

Michael Pleym Member

Balance:
    204Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Yes, I did run that app. Lots of numbers going on and changing all the time. I did need to turn off my windows virus defender to make the app UDPRecieve to run though, so I thought maybe that was the problem for me and turned down my virus defender system all tougether. Firewall I have already told to make exeptions for SimTools and for DCS (installed on my second harddrive).

So in that mode I did the usual drill rutine once again.
    1.Uninstalling current DCS plugin from SimTools,
    2. shutting down SimTools,
    3. running DCS from outside SimTools (Viggen and F16 are my testing planes),
    4 starting SimTools,
    5. installing latest DCS plugin from PC SimTools repo site (the one you download from the Plugin Libary) by dragging it to the main menu in SimTools,
    6. making the launch direction by dragging my "bin" dcs exe file over the DCS plugin and drop it there,
    7. testing it in motion menu in all the relevant directions (roll, pitch, heave, roll rate, pitch rate; all is functioning well in the SimTool app; that means I have motion so far),
    8. saving it as both default and global and then
    9 dubble click on the arrow on the DCS icon.

Like I have done a couple of hundred times now.

And guess what? NO motion AT ALL in DCS! Alt+Tab to the SimTools windows when flying in DCS shows only zeros in the Input line in Max/Min tuning screen.

As I said, I've done this rutine for over a year now. With every little change in every little notch you could imagine. What I'm I doing wrong, since you say it's working fine on your side?

Win 11 here btw. And NJMotion Compact Evo.

Kind regards

Michael
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
  9. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,290Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,032 / 16 / -0
    Excellent, so we know the script works, and the game is sending the data we need.
    Will you please post a screenshot of the test app showing the changing data, so I can compare it to what I get?

No need to do a bunch of extra stuff, were just testing one step at a time.
    We now know the plugin is patching correctly for you, and the script is working for you, as the game is sending data. So the next step is to to take a look at what you are receiving from the game, vs what I am receiving, a screen shot of the test app will tell me that.
    Take care,
    yobuddy
  10. Michael Pleym

Michael Pleym Member

Balance:
    204Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    This was after I closed down DCS and the strings therefore not changing anymore.

I'm extremly grateful for your efforts to help me out.

:)

Kind regards

Michael UDPReciever_open port 41230.png
  11. dryas123

dryas123 New Member

Balance:
    - 138Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hello,

I've done some more investigation: Whenever I have other tools running which access the shared memory of iRacing (e.g. CrewChief, TradingPaints etc.) Simtools3 is not able to access the data from iRacing.

Workaround: Close all additional software that access the shared memory of iRacing, start Simtools3, start iRacing. Then go in to the race session and then start additional software like CrewChief.

It's working that way but is a little bit annoying TBH and I guess there is some kind of a bug somewhere in the Simtools3 implementation on accessing the shared memory.

Best,

Ben

12. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,290Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,032 / 16 / -0
    Hi Ben,
    This sounds like one of the 'additional software' is blocking SimTools from the data to me. SimTools can connect if the 'additional software' has not been started. But SimTools cannot connect if the 'additional software' has been started. Maybe by starting one 'additional software' at a time before SimTools, you can find which one it is?
  13. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,290Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,032 / 16 / -0
    Hi Michael,
    Your output looks just like mine here. With the same amount of data (13 groups), same period as decimal point and so on. So I see no reason 'yet' as to why you don't have incoming data.
  14. Michael Pleym

Michael Pleym Member

Balance:
    204Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hmm, could it be same sort of problem that Ben describes? But only software I use in addition with DCS is the drivers for my TM flight stick and throttle. Maybe I should try to start them after I have started DCS?

Kind regards

Michael
  15. Krzysztof Dej

Krzysztof Dej Active Member

Balance:
    1,058Coins
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hi @yobuddy is any way to change this one?
    When u set axis to rise or decrease work only this axis on stand by position is in the middle position. When game start is goes to start position max or min position. When game stops it's Goin in the middle position but it's little wired on belt tensioner. When U tied up and start game belt is Goin to loose so U tied up more and when game stops Belts squeeze you more. So if is any possible for axis set like this to be always max or always min it will be cool. Live your work
  16. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,290Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,032 / 16 / -0
    Hi Buddy,
    You can set the parking location of the axis, to the same starting position of the axis (max or min), and you will be golden.
    Take care!
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Krzysztof Dej

Krzysztof Dej Active Member

Balance:
    1,058Coins
    Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Even with staring location when game start axis go to middle then max or min :) but it's better now for sure
  18. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,290Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,032 / 16 / -0
    I will take a look...
  19. Thierry59191

Thierry59191 New Member

Balance:
    150Coins
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hi everyone,

I have recently been using simtools 3 which I find user-friendly compared to 2. On Assetto and Dirt 2 it is really good. I wanted to try roller coasters in VR for fun and I encountered a problem on Epic Roller Coasters demo version, I am not receiving telemetry, although I have activated it in the game (127.0.0.1 port 4123) and in the launcher steam ( -telemetry network -port 4123), I did a test with simtools 2 and the same, so I wonder if the evaluation version sends telemetry or if it's just on the full version? I'm wondering this because I tried No Limit Roller Coaster steam demo version and at launch it is clearly written that telemetry is not active on the demo version.

If you have any suggestions or ideas, I'm interested :)
  20. apcb

apcb New Member

Balance:
    10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    I have problem when installing SimTools V3.
    The program always not responding.
    Firewall and windows defender allready off.
    Can someone teach me how to fix this problem?

Attached Files: