1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

[Petition] UDP Telemetry on Console

Discussion in 'Dirt Series' started by Radioproffi, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Radioproffi

Radioproffi Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,569Coins
    Ratings:
    +80 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    On Codemasters forum opened topic - request UDP Telemetry on PS4

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/40303/feature-udp-telemetry-on-ps4?

Perhaps if we support the request, developers implement it in the next patch. This will implement support Simtools like PCars.
  2. ferslash

ferslash Active Member

Balance:
    4,798Coins
    Ratings:
    +181 / 2 / -0
    as far as i know telemetry and stuff in consoles is part of the terms and conditions controled by the makers of the console... in this case microsoft or sony... i dont think this is the scope of the game makers...

this is because the console makers (microsoft) charge royalties to the manufactortors of products that are compatible with their consoles

best regards

fer
  3. Radioproffi

Radioproffi Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,569Coins
    Ratings:
    +80 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    Perhaps you are right, but PCars already supports UDP and Assetto Corsa will probably also keep it on consoles.

It will be very cool if all the popular games will support the work with consoles and Simtools, especially in view of the announcement of the new Xbox and Playstation VR
  4. vthinsel

vthinsel Well-Known Member

Balance:
    5,986Coins
    Ratings:
    +564 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 4DOF
    Hello !
    Thanks to promote my poll. :p
    I must say I'm a bit disappointed by CodeMasters. I made several posts/polls but so far, I have never seen an answer from CM staff. They claim in the forum they listen and participate but so far... nothing, no comment, no feedback. And no patch ahead on PS4 :confused:
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  5. vthinsel

vthinsel Well-Known Member

Balance:
    5,986Coins
    Ratings:
    +564 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 4DOF
    Well well well.... Patch 1.02 received on PS4 today
    What a disappointment !!!
    - No UDP support
    - No keyboard support

BUT : thrustmaster wheels (T300RS and T500RS) are now useless : no FFB settings available, no soft lock, no calibration. Great work codemasters !
    This reminds me the sad story with DriveClub and The Crew where a patch completely broke the wheel support.....

Lets's wait for next patch :mad:
    Maybe thrustmaster will release an updated firmware as well.
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. piorck

piorck Member

Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    work to work !!!!a patch for working to correct the last patch!