1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

(Resolved - user error) Yaw issue with DCS plugin and G-Seat

Discussion in 'Digital Combat Simulators (DCS)' started by RiftFlyer, May 7, 2016.

1. RiftFlyer

RiftFlyer Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,693Coins
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor
    I need to test it further before I send it to @value1. It will be up to him to decide to make it available as it is his plugin with only a little added code from me.
  2. RiftFlyer

Balance:
    1,693Coins
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor
    @Adrianstealth Have you tried adding filters on your roll axis (smoothing or washout)?
  3. RacingMat

RacingMat Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    20,890Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,083 / 21 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
  4. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,158 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Because I have not posted it :grin
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Active Member

director
    Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    Riftflyer

Yes tried both but onto like results nothing stop the erratic flip back at 180 degrees except a dull dead zone or
    Effects become unclean/jumbled

So not using roll until its suitable for rocker seat style setups
  6. RiftFlyer

Balance:
    1,693Coins
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor
    I think I've managed to resolve the roll 'issue' with the reset after 180 degrees.

I've found the turn needle variable for several aircraft and it may work as a good substitute for roll. It outputs a force based on rate of rotation and it seems to be continuous throughout a full 360 degree roll maneuver. I'm still working on a function to return it for some of the more complex aircraft. Unfortunately some of the modern glass cockpit jets don't use this old analogue instrument but I'm hopeful I can find an equivalent in their code.

If successful both turn and slip forces for extra1 and extra2 respectively may provide improved motion for both G-seats and Seat movers and possibly will allow for yaw and roll to be avoided altogether thereby avoiding the issue with them resetting.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. RiftFlyer

Balance:
    1,693Coins
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor
    After some testing it has been found the turn needle is not usable. It oscillates too much on return to centre and is too sensitive.

I have adapted the export.lua to return a new extra value which is the rate of change of the bank angle over time. This will output a force based on roll rate and not roll angle. I hope this will be useful for people who don't like the way roll switches sides at 180 degrees.

Currently testing and I will release this new plugin if testing is successful.