1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

why there is some beep sound from scn5

Discussion in 'Electronic and hardware generally' started by sliversgyj, Feb 9, 2016.

1. sliversgyj

sliversgyj New Member

Balance:
    - 27Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    hi,during some game running(especially i stop a car or drive in a low speed. the car has some shaking),i found my scn5 will make some beep sound.but it works fine. do anyone know the beep's meaning.is it a warning?(overload ,overspeed or something else)
    and is it harmful? should i do something with the config to protect my scn5? thanks!
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,906Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    The beeping sound from your scn's is a indicator that they are overstressed.
    It could be how they are mounted to the sim?
    Do you have a picture of your simulator?
    yobuddy
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. sliversgyj

sliversgyj New Member

Balance:
    - 27Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    thanks for your reply!following are my rig pic. but I Don't know if overstressed and overload is the same meaning? because during my rig building two years ago. i had met a overload issue which is caused by scn5 mounted position and angle. but as i remember the overload beep is a long beep.and the scn5 cannot move anymore. but now.the beep sound is a very short sound.and even i don't sit on chair the sound still may occur when the car is shakeing.and the scn5 still can move correctly. and also when i drive in a more high speed the beep sound will dispear.

Attached Files:

4. Baptx

Baptx Member

Employé
    Balance:
    405Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5, SCN6
    Hello,

you can send us a photo of your simtools parameters, engine and tuning center
    I think your cylinder have excessive tilt
    In a way, your cylinders do not push the seat but the door I think this is the cause of the overload

Sorry for my english, i'm french :D
  5. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,906Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    When you are sitting in the seat, is the sim balanced?
    Does it put force on the scn actuators in one direction way more than the other?
    If so balancing would help.

But my gut feeling is that the actuators need to be more vertical, so they have a easier time pushing and pulling on the seat.
    yobuddy
  6. sliversgyj

sliversgyj New Member

Balance:
    - 27Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi Baptx,the axes presets i use is from:http://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/assetto-corsa-scn5-axis-presets.5997/ and no modification.i try to separate the scn5 and the seat(no any load on scn5 now).so i think the beep sound is not related to overload,right?
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  7. sliversgyj

sliversgyj New Member

Balance:
    - 27Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    hi yobuddy,yes it is balance.after a new test(remove all load on scn5).the beep still exist.so i doubt it is not related to overload. is it possible to signal warning(wrong data received by scn5)?btw,from my uploaded pic.you think my scn5 need more vertical. do you think is base on my 2nd pic ? thank for your suggustion.i will have a try.
  8. yobuddy

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,906Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    Hi @sliversgyj,

yes, the 2nd pic.
    They look to be pushing into the chair as much as trying to lift it?
    No, I don't thing its beeping because of wrong data received by scn5.

Please remove the weight from one of the SCN's and leave it unpowered overnight.
    Then reconnect and see if it still beeps in the morning.
    I remember reading something about it taking an allotted time period before the alarm resets. (but I could be wrong)
    yobuddy
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. abs

abs Active Member Gold Contributor

consultant
    Balance:
    784Coins
    Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5
    the way you monted them is a la frex. It generates torques on the shafts of the snc5. See how simXperience set up is made no torque , just pushing rods . B.Villers explained his design few years ago in x-sim site when he was a member and tried (maybe still try) to help the diy community. The info should be berried in internet and or X-sim web site.

mine is a diy . see the pics. you d undertand the torque concept . simxperience sell housing if your budget (not that expensive) can afford. Otherwise you coud do something your self with alu profiles... IMG_0231[1].JPG IMG_0230[1].JPG